OMG Can't believe I am doing this..... FJ55 For Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Couple more pics from my last trip. Billed as one of the most remote places in the lower 48 you can get by car. Not sure about all that, but it was pretty remote.
photo.jpg
photo2.jpg

Is that Padre Island? Looks like it. Very cool place. If not, where is it? I'm intrigued by the title; "Most remote place you can drive to"....

I too have always loved your Pig and swore I would try to buy it when and if it ever came up for sale. Guess it's a good thing for me I just moved from TX to FL and am not in the market for another Cruiser right now.

Good luck with the sale. Sort of....

Yep, Padre Island National Seashore. That line was taken right from the US National Park Service website. I guess they don't know the kind of remote places you can get to in a Land Cruiser, because I have been to a lot more remote places.

Ryan

Is that Padre Island? Looks like it. Very cool place. If not, where is it? I'm intrigued by the title; "Most remote place you can drive to"....

I too have always loved your Pig and swore I would try to buy it when and if it ever came up for sale. Guess it's a good thing for me I just moved from TX to FL and am not in the market for another Cruiser right now.

Good luck with the sale. Sort of....

Anyone want to buy my truck so I can buy the fj55? Yes? No? *sigh* Good luck with sale!

Last edited:
Someone asked in a PM for a parts list so here it is.

2004 Tundra TRD Supercharged 4.7L V8
2002 A343F Lexus LX470 Transmission
1997 FJ80 Fulltime Transfer Case
Ron Davis Aluminum Radiator, with electric fans, and wired thermostat switch
High Angle dual CV drive shafts front and rear
1997 FZJ80 Electric lock axles re geared to 4.88
Bobby Long Superset up front birfields and shafts
Poly Performance chromo rear shafts
Fox 2.5" coilover shocks 3" Fox air bumps
All links were built with 4130 heat treated chromo from Polyperformance
Suspension links are all the largest Johnny Joints greasable
Steering links are all 3/4" FK teflon lined heim joints
Front bumper is 4+
Winch is an 8274-50
Steering is all stock late 60/62 gearbox and filler
Dual core electric fan transmission cooler (don't remember the make)
Ironpig Offroad custom skid plate
Ironpig Offroad custom trackbar
Ironpig Offroad custom rear bumper
Bilstein 7100 12 SB rear shocks
Extended fuel tank
New headliner from SOR
Front seats from Procar
Center Console from Tuffy
Switch Panel from 12V guy
Haneline gauges
New glass and window weather stripping from Toyota - windshield, cargo's, rear door
Wheels Walker Evans 17x9 with 37" Krawlers

I am sure I am forgetting some stuff but that is a lot of the big stuff.

Ryan

I showed my wife your truck and she's bugging me to sell my STi and buy your truck. :) Now if I could only come up with another, oh, $85K for the GTR too. Oh, I'd be in heaven.

How many miles have your put on it since the drivetrain swap and has it been dependable to drive on 1,500 mile trip? What kind of mpg's. I was'nt a big fj55 fan until now. I keep having wet dreams over this thing.

It has about 2,000 miles on it since the swap, I don't really keep track of mileage very often, because I usually can't keep my foot off the pedal or the driving is so erratic/sporadic that it doesn't give me an indication of anything. I did get about 14mpg on my trip to North Padre, doing 65 on the hwy.

How many miles have your put on it since the drivetrain swap and has it been dependable to drive on 1,500 mile trip? What kind of mpg's. I was'nt a big fj55 fan until now. I keep having wet dreams over this thing.

Hey Max,

Yeah I went to a few CLCC meetings but I am always pretty bad at the club stuff.

I have no idea how it would do pulling a trailer, you would have to rig up some kind of hitch since there isn't one on the truck.

I haven't had to pass emissions anywhere, since the truck is 40 years old everywhere I have been it has been emissions exempt. It does have cats on it though.

Thanks!
Ryan

How would this setup do pulling a smallish camper? Have you had to pass emissions anywhere yet? Beautiful truck, I think we met at CLCC when I lived in Alexandria a few years ago.

Where I live in Utah anything newer than 67 has to get emissions; I thought I was out of the clear with my 68 fj40 but no such luck. How hard would it be to take some of the lift down to make it a little more streetable? The idea would be to drive somewhat comfortably to Moab and then be able to wheel there. You said it's a little bit of a rough ride, is it comparable to a 60 series?

Also, maybe I missed it, but how many miles on the Tundra/Lexus drivetrain before you swapped it in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom