OME anti Inversion install issue!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mattressking

10 digits to freedom
Threads
Need some help, having trouble installing rear leaf springs on my 60.

Running OME CS017RA on left and right.

Anti inversion shackles don't seem to fit correctly. Any tips? It almost seems the leaf springs are too short. The arrow on leaf is facing the fixed end.

I've tried running the shackles a couple ways but none of the seem to work correctly. Any input?

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

My shackles look the same right now and I just installed new springs. I believe once you have weight on the rear axle the springs will be compressed and "stretch out" pushing the shackles to the correct orientation.

Shackles installed wrong way. Turn them other way around so the anti-inversion pins are located inwards and closer to frame.

Yup.

Installed wrong ... Trying to find a pic, now.....

The spring and hanger on the long side... I think you also may have them reversed left/right?

image-jpg.1204559

Need some help, having trouble installing rear leaf springs on my 60.

Running OME CS017RA on left and right.

Anti inversion shackles don't seem to fit correctly. Any tips? It almost seems the leaf springs are too short. The arrow on leaf is facing the fixed end.

I've tried running the shackles a couple ways but none of the seem to work correctly. Any input?

View attachment 1441794

View attachment 1441795

View attachment 1441796
Did you figure what was happening here? I'm having the same problem.

20230925_095733[1].jpg

Vehicle weight has got to be pushing down on the springs for them to flex and flatten out

That's a pretty thick camber correction wedge. How did that map out at alignment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom