Old School (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks corey, i appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend sent me these pics. Sorry if it's a repost.

1247921-IMGP0712.jpg

1247921-IMGP0711.jpg

1247921-IMGP0707.jpg

repost :flipoff2: hehe, j/k

great work done to change the color of this FJC!... even tho it's a repost ;)

Last edited:
when was the original post?

I like the dune beige and white bezel be it a LC or FJC, you guys just haven't been around long enough to see this argument over and over. Is a 40 with a V8, NV4500 and D60s a Land Cruiser ... well you get my point. I like that Toyota is offering something normal people can afford and wheel out of the box again. Nothing against the 100, but I'm not gonna be bashing a $65k rig down the trail even if I had one.

Keep building and wheeling them guys, old timers will come around ...

:beer:

Tucker

i do like it! if the price vs. functionality issue were a little less steep i might go mustard with mine, but as i've got other places for that kind of money i'll stick with the "Short Bus" yellow

In short . . .

As stated in my *deleted* post: I like it. I like the Cruiser badges also.

I'm adding the badges from my '70 FJ40 to my 80. I dig the retro "old school" look.

What's the story with the pieces on the bottom edges of the front doors? I looked for them on an FJC I saw parked and didn't see them. Are they aftermarket? They look cool, just wondering about their origins.

The repaint project for this FJ was posted on another FJ Forum - contained many pictures and details of the paint work. Took place at Dallas Toyota & looked first class with tear down & prep work.

I think that's cool. I have seen these things wheel and they are awesome trucks. I am very impressed by the engineering and how capable they are offroad. I think the fact that Robbie and now woody are driving these things on wheeling trips everyday says a lot about them. If they can live through woody's driving, they are great rigs. Robbie drove that truck all over last year, from the Rubicon, to Flat nasty to Moab and on and on from Feb to November with only a few scratches and never got stuck.

Course they are Toyota's. Toyota makes the best offroad rigs around. I own 2 4runners, 2 80's, use to have to FJ40's and have driven an FJ Cruiser off road on several ocassions.

I like that color, did I see a freeborn red one as well?

The black plastic molding along the bottom? They all have 'em.

10-4

I didn't look close enough. I thought the mounting holes for the trim were a design.

^ Also looks very cool!

The tan looks very cool on the FJ! I remember seeing a red FJ from some SEMA pics that had some white steel wheels that resembled the wheels on early 80's FJ40's. That would look sweet on there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom