offroad bumper suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! I drive an '04 LX. I hit a deer and just received my insurance quote. I'd like to take the opportunity to purchase an off-road bumper. I have $1,091.00 so long as the install is under 4 hours. I've looked around online, but have no idea what I am doing.

I found the "Ironman 100 Series/LX470 Commercial Deluxe Bull Bar (BBCD006)" & the "ARB Deluxe Front Bumper Bull Bars & ARB Summit Bars." However, both are a bit out of my price range. I am looking for something similar to the image attached. Full width, fog lights, with bars coming up around the headlights (or something similar in design).

If anyone is familiar with my options, please share your favorites! That is... if they fall below $1,100.00 (including shipping I believe). I would also be okay with a used one so long as it is in decent shape. I am also unsure as to what material is preferable--any input appreciated!

Additionally, I don't actually know if the LX470 and Land Cruiser have the same front end--that may make things more difficult..

Happy summer!
JP

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 1.50.02 PM.png

ARB gets my vote. Cruiser solutions has them for under $1100. Best design, craftsmanship, and just the best bumper out there. The LX and LC have the same front end, and I'm actually looking at swapping my LX front end with LC parts

ARB gets my vote. Cruiser solutions has them for under $1100. Best design, craftsmanship, and just the best bumper out there. The LX and LC have the same front end, and I'm actually looking at swapping my LX front end with LC parts
Thanks—I feel you! Love everything about the LX except for the headlight situation... but in my case beggers can’t be choosers lol.

This guy's selling a Kavik, just "listed" it today: Kavik 100 Series Front Bumper

A little bit out of range, but a couple hundred dollars cash might get you over the hump (you can install yourself).

The LC and the LX do not have the same front end sheet metal. Differences are minor but definite. You may or may not have issues, depending on which bumper you choose. The LX is also different from the LX in that the grille is attached to the hood and requires additional clearance when opening. This could be an issue if you go with a bumper that has a bull bar.

The only bars I can think of that match your criteria are the Dobinsons, the ARB Sahara and, at a distant 3rd, the So-Flo. For a few dollars more, you can get the Ironman Commercial Deluxe, which is a great bumper for the money.

The regular ARB Deluxe will work. I don't think the top tabs (that get in the way of the LX grill) are there anymore. Mine doesn't have them, and by the looks of it (PO installed it)—it never had them. There are two generations of ARB deluxe—you'd need the latter.

Do a search - "winch bumper" "bumper"... there are lots (!) of threads on the topic.

Dissent Offroad gets my vote though...

Do a search - "winch bumper" "bumper"... there are lots (!) of threads on the topic.

Dissent Offroad gets my vote though...

View attachment 2026076
Not sure why I didn't think to suggest one! I run an aluminum one and forgot that the steel ones start right around $1075. Definitely the best option for the OP and he can add a bar later on if he wants to.

The regular ARB Deluxe will work. I don't think the top tabs (that get in the way of the LX grill) are there anymore. Mine doesn't have them, and by the looks of it (PO installed it)—it never had them. There are two generations of ARB deluxe—you'd need the latter.

I just bought a new ARB for my LX. It had the tabs.

Or is this something I can grind off? I [randomly] have a grinder..

Yep, you can just grind off or trim the tabs. That’s what I did with my bumper. I’ll take a picture for you.

You might shop around a bit more, I notice they charge shipping which puts it higher than other sellers who offer free shipping.

I just bought a new ARB for my LX. It had the tabs.

Ugh, sorry for the bad info then. Mine's got no marks at all from anything being removed, and the powdercoat is intact. Weird.

Amazing. I really appreciate it! I’m trying to figure out if this one is compatible. Best deal I’ve found and I’m able to pick it up.
Is this the same as yours? I’m so nervous I’m gonna screw this up.

Yup, that’s the one.

Here’s a picture of my tabs trimmed down. If you don’t trim them then you won’t have enough clearance to open the hood since the grill opens with the hood on the LX (not an issue with the LC).

F5F4D225-6D73-42D9-89B5-B5269DB2CF2B.jpeg

Ugh, sorry for the bad info then. Mine's got no marks at all from anything being removed, and the powdercoat is intact. Weird.

No worries. If the PO was very picky, he could have removed the tabs, leaving it completely flush and re-powder coated or spot painted. Seems like a lot of work, but I don’t see why it can’t be done.

As far as I know, no version of this bumper comes without the tabs. If there is one then I wish I bought it, LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom