Official ONSC member buying/selling thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Managed to get a set. Appreciate the look out.
Still looking for a top, jump seats, and rims.

Are you looking for 40 rims with clips? I have a couple sets.
PM if interested

It's not like looking at an old truck that really needs to be evaluated :lol: It's 3 years old.

While I'd tend to agree, I do know of another North Carolinian who had to have his KDSS valves replaced on his 2016 to the tune of nearly $2800. There's a couple of items that deserve scrutiny since it's out of B2B warranty and then it's just a matter of overall condition. Also, if you spend some time in the 200 series sub-forum, you'll see they are a paranoid bunch :nailbiting:

It's not like looking at an old truck that really needs to be evaluated :lol: It's 3 years old.

I like to do the opposite, it’s the rusty s***box I purchase sight unseen, ask @roadstr6 and @NCFJ. IT’s the newer trucks that get the fine tooth comb, and there’s no pictures so...

If you say so.

I don't usually venture to that side Raleigh, so hopefully someone on that side can do an eval for you.

As asking price goes up, so does the amount of inspection and scrutiny. I think that’s pretty normal. I know that I have looked at a couple of used 200’s that I walked away from because they were a mess. Scratched up paint. Poor body work. Rough interiors from carrying dogs around. These issues were not reflected in the asking price. Never hurts to be overly cautious when hard-earned money is at stake. As for the sh@tbox 55 bought sight unseen...I think we did the best we could to make lemonade out of that lemon. All’s well that ends well.

My point is that's all more personal preference, and less of a thing that someone remote is going to pick up on.

For example, I might say "dude yeah, looks cherry" and someone like @S4Cruiser might say "that paint is roached". Mechanical evals and rust? Sure, we all see eye to eye. A few scratches in interior plastic, or scuffs in the paint that would probably buff out? Not the same.

As asking price goes up, so does the amount of inspection and scrutiny. I think that’s pretty normal. I know that I have looked at a couple of used 200’s that I walked away from because they were a mess. Scratched up paint. Poor body work. Rough interiors from carrying dogs around. These issues were not reflected in the asking price. Never hurts to be overly cautious when hard-earned money is at stake. As for the sh@tbox 55 bought sight unseen...I think we did the best we could to make lemonade out of that lemon. All’s well that ends well.

You made Dom Perigon of those lemons.

My point is that's all more personal preference, and less of a thing that someone remote is going to pick up on.

For example, I might say "dude yeah, looks cherry" and someone like @S4Cruiser might say "that paint is roached". Mechanical evals and rust? Sure, we all see eye to eye. A few scratches in interior plastic, or scuffs in the paint that would probably buff out? Not the same.

I don’t disagree but since there are no pictures and it’s fairly well priced I don’t see it being around that long. Really just wanted to put eyes on it to make sure that there isn’t anything glaringly wrong with it. I have learned that most in the club are particular when looking at vehicles so I tend to trust an opinion from this group

@pkniland I can run over there on Saturday.

Talk to Adam @AJR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom