Official Camping Trip Report Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, it's a great. It's pretty easy and versatile. 5 star product, especially when cooking meals for a group.

Been great watching these posts appear. Looks like a fantastic time made better by having some kids along. Hey @runpmc - any fish in those waters?

Google Maps

The spot we camped was on Albert Pike Rd. It is improperly marked on Google Maps as Albert Pike Store. That is about 8 miles away.

The road crossed Crooked Creek twice right in this area and both crossings have 2 nice riverside campsites.

Dumb question, whose 80? I like it.

Been great watching these posts appear. Looks like a fantastic time made better by having some kids along. Hey @runpmc - any fish in those waters?

None. Trust me I looked (hard)... Even had a fly rod in the car just in case. All I saw was 1 sucker minnow. I think they stock it down river where the water is bigger. It was pretty skinny up there except for a couple of deeper pools. If they do stock it up there (doubtful), I'm sure it's a put and take deal and gets fished out pretty quick.

Last edited:
Here is a link to my photobucket album that has all my pictures from the trip; Feel free to browse:

Arkansas Ouchita Natl Forest by pmccraney

A pig and a punk

DSC_0704.jpg

Little MO has great small mouth bass near the albert pike recrational area. Lake greeson, not too far away, has stocked trout which is better to fish in cooler months.

Ive been saying for years this group could do a seven day excursion in AR and barely scratch the surface. If you want to fish, camp on Leatherwood wildlife area near the confluence of the White and Buffalo River. It would be epic. WCT and the rarely seen GT did a trip a little west of there that was writtin up in TT.

Little MO has great small mouth bass near the albert pike recrational area. Lake greeson, not too far away, has stocked trout which is better to fish in cooler months.

Ive been saying for years this group could do a seven day excursion in AR and barely scratch the surface. If you want to fish, camp on Leatherwood wildlife area near the confluence of the White and Buffalo River. It would be epic. WCT and the rarely seen GT did a trip a little west of there that was writtin up in TT.

I like Arkansas, Trout and Land Cruisers: count me in:

Ouachita is the correct spelling of the National Forest. Glad you enjoyed our neck of the woods. There's an awesome 30 mile loop trail for backpacking that was right in that area around Little Missouri Falls.

Spent a couple days in Tishomingo pre-thanksgiving with my two oldest. Hands-down best spot in MS. Park was practically empty due to the cold weather - 25 the first night and 29 the second. Brought the RTT on the trailer since it was too cold to ENO. Really like that setup. Tent covers the whole trailer and gear all slides in through the tailgate. No stress packing. I wanna do a few good test runs of that setup to see if it will be practical for next summer's big trip.

We hiked about 6 miles of trails, but other than that just enjoyed the woods and campfire time. Great spot and great drive to get there. Go.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom