Official Camping Trip Report Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

That looks awesome!

Hit some spots with DNP on Friday. Saturday was really wet so stayed home.
Little River Canyon is bad ass. I will be back to hit some of the side roads we passed by and explore the hiking.
20151106_111742.jpg

IMG_20151106_185025.jpg

We also hit the Georgia Traverse/Pihoti trail.
Did not see much there to bring me back.
20151106_162106.jpg

Hit some spots with DNP on Friday. Saturday was really wet so stayed home.
Little River Canyon is bad ass. I will be back to hit some of the side roads we passed by and explore the hiking.
View attachment 1158808
View attachment 1158804

We also hit the Georgia Traverse/Pihoti trail.
Did not see much there to bring me back.
View attachment 1158807
JB, great to travel with you on Friday! Hate to hear it was wet at your house on Saturday, as there was never a time where we were on Sat or Sun that even required an umbrella.

What route did ya'll run through the Ouachita's? I'm familiar with the Albert Pike area, but didn't recognize those water crossings.

This looks like a post-card. Looks like the timing was just about perfect for colors; Hate that we missed out, especially since it wasn't a wash-out, but with limited time (really just a Saturday trip for us) and my kid coming along, we went with the odds. Glad you were rewarded for a good trip. Playing it safe ending up paying off pretty well too. My son had the time of his life and is already asking me when we are going out again.

Little River Canyon_IMG_20151106_185025.jpg

@fjfodee, those water crossings were not in the Albert Pike area. That was our first night. Nolen has the coordinates - his friend Doc. Mesco (whom you probably know as well if you live in that area) told us how to get there. It's a little hidden gem.

The water crossing actually leads to a trail that is more "RZR friendly" than Land Cruiser friendly, so we had to turn back shortly after making the crossing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom