Official 37" and up picture thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Serious question for those of you running 37" KO2's...

Does your rig require less modification since they run small? For example, could a Cruiser built to run 35's, stuff 37" KO2's under it fairly easily? I only ask for my own curiosity.

Serious question for those of you running 37" KO2's...

Does your rig require less modification since they run small? For example, could a Cruiser built to run 35's, stuff 37" KO2's under it fairly easily? I only ask for my own curiosity.

I would like to know too since I am going to be upgrading to the KM3 in 37 soon too.

Yes, taller and wider is more challenging to fit, so a big 35" is less challenging than a 37". Why would anyone want to pay for a tire that is marked/priced as a larger tire than it is?

Personally, I don't plan to fit 37's onto my LX, but I was curious to people's experiences. Mostly because this is a 37+ thread, and some of the tires are closer to 35's.

Personally, I don't plan to fit 37's onto my LX, but I was curious to people's experiences. Mostly because this is a 37+ thread, and some of the tires are closer to 35's.

This is true when it comes to BFG tires. They are undersized, KO2 metric 35 or know as 315 is actually 34.6 and the KM3 in 37 is 36.5. But it is still close to 2" overall ground clearance between the two.

This is true when it comes to BFG tires. They are undersized, KO2 metric 35 or know as 315 is actually 34.6 and the KM3 in 37 is 36.5. But it is still close to 2" overall ground clearance between the two.

My toyo rt's are a 315/75/16 and the specs said they were 34.6 but the tape says they are only 33.375". No wonder my mpg's went up lol

Took long enough, but finally pulled the trigger.

Setup is as follows:
- OME J's all around
- 4.88 gears
- Caster plates
- 1" Roger Brown body lift
- Stock bump stops
- 1.25" Trail Gear spacers
- FJCruiser steelies
- 37x12.5r17 Cooper STT Pro's
- So far, no rubbing at full flex that i could find

Road manners are very good in my opinion for what the tires are, and could possibly be improved with a fresh steering box. 4.88's are sufficient to move the truck still but granted I'm not climbing any mountain passes.

IMG_8938[1].JPG

IMG_8942[1].JPG

IMG_8970[1].JPG

IMG_8941[1].JPG

Took long enough, but finally pulled the trigger.

Setup is as follows:
- OME J's all around
- 4.88 gears
- Caster plates
- 1" Roger Brown body lift
- Stock bump stops
- 1.25" Trail Gear spacers
- FJCruiser steelies
- 37x12.5r17 Cooper STT Pro's
- So far, no rubbing at full flex that i could find

Road manners are very good in my opinion for what the tires are, and could possibly be improved with a fresh steering box. 4.88's are sufficient to move the truck still but granted I'm not climbing any mountain passes.

View attachment 2031330

View attachment 2031338

View attachment 2031344

View attachment 2031348
No problem climbing long hills even with my 4 Liter, heavy beadlock wheels 4.88 end full armors

Out wheeling yesterday.
7EFFBDC4-574D-4D6E-B045-41DD0A793AEA.jpeg

Always wanted a set of these 9.00 tires. There a 255/100r16 xzl Michelin. Got a good deal on them used so through them on. There a bit loud on the highway. Haven't taken them out on the dirt yet. As far as looks go there right on. I'm hoping they perform at least somewhat decent in the dirt. They measure the same height as my 37" stt pros.
View attachment 1989128
what are the steelies off of? im really digging the factory steel look.

16's or 17's?

17s of an FJCruiser.
A bit more rubbing then I had before but am a victim of 12yr/150k old springs and shocks and perhaps a taller profile tire.

16" wheel off a 2000 tacoma. The tundra steel wheels of same vintage have 16 round holes where mine from a tacoma have 2 oblong holes and 14 regular holes. Tundras look abit better IMO.
Nice. I just bought new 37x12.50 16's recently so I may go this route.

16" wheel off a 2000 tacoma. The tundra steel wheels of same vintage have 16 round holes where mine from a tacoma have 2 oblong holes and 14 regular holes. Tundras look abit better IMO.
Are you running spacers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom