Official 35" and under!! Post pictures!! (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How can you tell the shackles are incorrect? Are there certain shackles to use for winching?

Asking to make sure I don’t have the wrong shackles. Eek!

i'm sure the shackles are fine, it's the eyelets in the bull bar the shackles are attached to. those aren't recovery points on the bar, they are to fit a hilift jack adapter.

if you look at the post directly above this comment and the one two posts up (red tabs without shackles fitted), you will see their shackles are attached to the chassis underneath the bar. they are using proper bolt on recovery points. There are toyota ones that are made from looped round bar welded to a base plate, those are shipping tie-down points not rated recovery points so avoid those too.

i'm sure the shackles are fine, it's the eyelets in the bull bar the shackles are attached to. those aren't recovery points on the bar, they are to fit a hilift jack adapter.

if you look at the post directly above this comment and the one two posts up (red tabs without shackles fitted), you will see their shackles are attached to the chassis underneath the bar. they are using proper bolt on recovery points. There are toyota ones that are made from looped round bar welded to a base plate, those are shipping tie-down points not rated recovery points so avoid those too.

Roger that. Thanks for the help!

CD4DAA19-0B1D-4BBB-8C9E-31B73A09DD20.jpeg

Subaru WRX with an air to air intercooler for the TRD Supercharger

Is that an insert that you can remove from a WRX? Was planning on a front mount but still considering a top mount for ease and clean install...

Last edited:
Back on track.

3-Linked on 35x12.50r17 MTRs on 17x9 Dirty Life 9302 Beadlocks

47213087_2177649045820518_6550799856342925312_n.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom