TLCA Official 2021 Rubithon Thread (32nd or 33rd Annual - TBD) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I'm curious. How many are driving there trail rig, instead of hauling it in a trailer?.. I planned to drive my fj, but my jeep buddies ( who always trailer there jeep) are convincing me to not drive it.. that I'm loco if i dont trailer it... blah blah blah.. now I'm second guessing myself. Lol I've always drove to trail..like Dishpan, John Bull, Holcomb etc and I've been fine, but now I'm thinking of maybe i should trailer my fj for this one
I've used AAA Premier twice from the Rubicon. Once from the pavement on Wentworth Springs Rd leaving Loon Lake, and the other time from Tahoe City. 189 miles. Covered. It is way easier to do that then invest in a trailer and tow rig.

I've used AAA Premier twice from the Rubicon. Once from the pavement on Wentworth Springs Rd leaving Loon Lake, and the other time from Tahoe City. 189 miles. Covered. It is way easier to do that then invest in a trailer and tow rig.
yup, once got towed all the way home to SD from the dusy trail, saved my butt some major coin, it was still expensive but would of been really bad without it.....

Yup, there is a map of the barker pass route which appears to have trailer parking and is close to the other Tahoe exit, don’t know yet if barker is open all the way but it should be. I will be going early in week that way, leaving truck and trailer at end of pavement. Pm me your cell and once in springs I’ll text you some detailed knowledge

It sounds like the plan is to hope they are done in time for folks to exit straight through Tahoma in Sunday? If not, some of us get to learn a new bit of trail.

Thanks for the imput. I was just looking to reply to a few emails each morning and call my office manager.

I'll have a Sat phone on me. Have lots of unused minutes that expire in July so you are welcome to use it. Look for the white 80 on 37s (very descriptive) but with NV plates.

I'll have a Sat phone on me. Have lots of unused minutes that expire in July so you are welcome to use it. Look for the white 80 on 37s (very descriptive) but with NV plates.
Much appreciated. I may take you up on that!

The RESMA link that was sent out previously doesn't work. Care Flight's website says that they are now administered by AMCN, so you may not need it. You should check with them.
AMCN confirmed they manage the payments for Care Flight (some refer to as REMSA) now. However, AMCN and Care Flight are still separate companies and you still have to have a separate membership with Care Flight and make that payment through AMCN. So if you have AMCN, Care Flight is NOT included in their network. If you want Care Flight, you need to have a separate membership. Care Flight provides air ambulance coverage in northern Nevada and northeastern California.

Good afternoon Cruiser friends,

I am trying to put together the Rubithon kids raffle in a very short timeline. John Evans has once again generously sponsored the kid’s raffle since it’s inception. Believe it or not we have a whopping 56 kids attending this year’s event! To my knowledge, that’s a record for kids attendees.

I am looking to see if any businesses or individuals would also like to join in on helping us, specifically with some grand prizes. Typically, we give away enough for everyone to walk away with something, but also 4-5 big prizes like an RC Crawler. This year, with the high numbers, we will be giving each child/teen a goodie bag when they arrive, and are hoping to do the raffle for the grand prizes.

The goal is to have everything bought, paid for, packaged, and on the Unimog to tow in, by Thursday morning next week. AKA time is of the essence.

If you’d like to help out please contact me ASAP. Thanks for considering.

Brian Flynn
916-532-5973
bflynn1717@hotmail.com

Where can we park a trailer there now for this ? Tahoe side is a nogo now. Will Barker Pass Rd have any ?

Thanks much

Last edited:
Where can we park a trailer there now for this ? Tahoe side is a nogo now. Will Barker Pass Rd have any ?

Thanks much
This page has the latest info. Just past Blackwood Campground there is a parking area

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom