Events/Trails Official 2019 Fall Crawl Information Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just registered & working on my readiness list. Can't wait to meet you guys and get my hundy a little dirty.

Quick question - can someone recommend a radio? I've been browsing amazon but still a bit confused. Under $250 would be nice. Portability would also be nice but I understand that could be difficult with my budget.

Thanks!

Spoke to Rob at BudBuilt... sliders are on target to be ready by Oct. 14th. Fantastic people down there. Now I just need to figure out how to get these things installed...

I will likely drive down to pick them up if anyone needs anything to come back this way.
You should check with @JohnVee about his travel plans. He may be coming up from down that way in time to install them before FC.

Just registered & working on my readiness list. Can't wait to meet you guys and get my hundy a little dirty.

Quick question - can someone recommend a radio? I've been browsing amazon but still a bit confused. Under $250 would be nice. Portability would also be nice but I understand that could be difficult with my budget.

Thanks!
There is a radio thread in our club forum with tons of info.
The club has radios for members to borrow during the event if you aren't ready to buy one yet.
If you want your own radio I recommend a baofeng UV-5r as a good starter radio. I can program it with my laptop.
Amazon product ASIN B00R7KKMEA

2X in the Baofeng. $30 for the radio. Get a different antenna $15. And if you drop it in a puddle your not out $200.

Measure the width of them and I’ll check.

68 of 85 spots filled and 13 Days left to register and be guaranteed to receive a shirt at Fall Crawl. That means ONLY 17 Spots left!
Don't wait.

1568938954861.png
and more on the way.

Register HERE

Order Hoodies HERE

Order extra T-shirts HERE

More information:

Getting There: 2019 Fall Crawl Travel Information

Radio communications plan

Spoke to Rob at BudBuilt... sliders are on target to be ready by Oct. 14th. Fantastic people down there. Now I just need to figure out how to get these things installed...

I will likely drive down to pick them up if anyone needs anything to come back this way.

I spoke with Rob the other week about my skids and the time frame. Also talked to him about the slider install and how hard it would be. He was super friendly, told me it shouldn't take more than 2hrs being first time, and also said don't be afraid to contact him if there are any issues.

So whenever you get them, I can help you out on a weekend morning.

It always amazes me when they somehow lose something so large. it isn't a little package. Long ago, I bought 4 lift springs for an FJ40 and fedex delivered three of the four springs. They never found the other one. Customer service only wanted to pay for the one they lost - I was asking them what was I supposed to do with three lift springs?

Hope they show up!!!
I also love how those fine companies are more than happy to charge extra for an over sized package as well.
I have a tailpipe coming from the New England area. Somehow it got sucked in the vortex known as Philly. I initiated all the contact thru UPS. They never replied as promised. Oh wait, I just got an email asking if I received the tailpipe. Should I ask them if they received a delivery receipt? WTF.. :cautious: I actually went to the local brick and mortar and picked one up.
I :clap: how you used sucked, vortex, and Philly all in one sentence, its even funnier that it was a tail pipe.
Anyone have a set of rear leafs for a 1977 fj40? Was going over the truck and found that I have 2 cracked leafs on my driver rear leaf spring......
I might, in my box, may have some surface rust, what is the eye to eye measurements.

You should check with @JohnVee about his travel plans. He may be coming up from down that way in time to install them before FC.
I’ll be heading north 10/1 and a day before Fall Crawl. Those are my only travel plans for now. Happy to help if I can.

anyone heading down Friday afternoon/evening? Looking to see if there is anyone the lady can catch a ride with since she can't get off work Thursday and will most likely have to work half day Friday

anyone heading down Friday afternoon/evening? Looking to see if there is anyone the lady can catch a ride with since she can't get off work Thursday and will most likely have to work half day Friday
Depends. Is she hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom