OEM LX450 stereo turn on and off pop please help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I have a 96 LX450 with the original stereo amp etc. Two upgraded speakers in the front doors are the only mods that have been made. When I turn the stereo on I hear a low noise pop at first then it plays just fine. Turning off I hear a loud pop. What could this be ? The amp itself ? , a bad ground ? ( if so where is the factory amp ground wire ? )

Please help if anyone can as this is super annoying

Does it do it no matter the source?

Any added items like those cassette-to-ipod type things hooked up?

So IIRC, the stereo amp is in the rear PS quarterpanel behind the wheelwell, take that big plasic panel out.

I might be wrong, my stereo in my old 450 was simplified to a single DIN & my buddy used the factory speakers, bypassing the factory amp. Just behind that little storage compartment, about a 5" x 6" box.

Do you have a FSM for it?

I gave mine to the buyer of mine, but the LX450 one had the EWD in it, it's gotta be about 4" thick, no joke.

Either DL a copy, or if paper is more your thing, they aren't cheap but well worth it esp if you plan to keep yours any length of time.

I checked it out , removed the stereo, looked at the amplifier.. all the wires are original .. im assuming i have a loose/bad ground .. where could i check for these ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom