OEM accessories (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Factory heated seats, rad blind and headlamp washers are certainly useful.

Not to mention, Turbo Diesel with 5 speed, lockers and 24v starting. :D

Btw, I've got that power outlet next to the air intake as well. Never really thought about it before but how exactly is it switched and what kind of current can I take from it?

Jamie

My dad is in Australia for a few months for work and I'm starting a list of parts to send me. So far I got a complete turbo diesel swap(in my dreams), four wheel drive side trim, the white side markers, and window visors.

Do the headlight washers really help any? I have a xenon headlamp retrofit on my 80 and when the lights get nasty it diffuses the projectors cutoff. Think they would be easy to install on a US cruiser?

How about adjustable Headlamps with interrior controls (up and down)

How about adjustable Headlamps with interrior controls (up and down)

That would be clutch. My subaru has that on it and it's really nice to have.

Any idea on the difficulty to install the setup?

Thanks for that. :)

The headlamp washers do work to an extent on their own but I usually still jump out and give them a wipe once I've sprayed the lenses. I probably wouldn't go to any great trouble installing them.

The adjustable headlight controls are quite useful to take into account heavy loads or heavy trailers.

Jamie

so can any of these parts be purchased at my local dealer? like the center diff lock switch, pass side grab bar, fog light switches, and the pop out cup holder? if so any one have the part numbers?

I had alot of luck with guys from Canada. That70'sguy got alot of parts. Hes only north of us. I bought my window visors from him. Cool guy

Factory heated seats, rad blind and headlamp washers are certainly useful.

Not to mention, Turbo Diesel with 5 speed, lockers and 24v starting. :D

Jamie

I do not think the 24v starter is really a big deal. I could be wrong (it happened once before) but once I find the correct damn starter I will change to 12v and see how it goes.

(Dave slips into his best flame proof jacket in anticipation) :D

regards

Dave

Why bother? I'm sure I've had this conversation with you before but the system is (very...) reliable and changing things can only make it worse in my opinion. I spoke to my main dealer parts guy and he has confirmed that they (8 Toyota main dealers) have never sold a 12v/24v switchover relay.

It also makes a big difference to starting at low temperatures. One morning when it was below -25C, mine fired up instantly. My neighbour's trucks on the other hand took lots of cranking and one didn't start at all.

I also believe that instant firing places a lot less strain on the batteries.

But, each to their own... :p

Jamie

I think you are right we have had this conversation before however, having researched up hill and down dale I think I can confirm (sticking my neck out here) that the 24v sytem is not needed.

I do not have any reliability issues but if I have a flat battery in the middle of the campo because I was stupid leaving the fridge or lights on or just a typical battery failure I want to be able to jump start myself and not sit and hope that someone comes along to rescue me. A 12v system allows me to use the existing battery space for an aux battery.

Either way as you said everyone to his own, I will try it and would soon put my hands up and eat lots of humble pie if it does not. ;)

End of hyjack....sorry

regards

Dave

How about non-sliding rear windows and window bars? I don't have a third row seats either.

Factory swing out, rad blind, turbo light in the dash :)D), window visors.

I'm sure some have already been mentioned.

How about non-sliding rear windows and window bars? I don't have a third row seats either.

Factory swing out, rad blind, turbo light in the dash :)D), window visors.

I'm sure some have already been mentioned.

Mine has sliding rear windows AND window bars, with no 3rd row seats :hillbilly: I think the sliding windows were a PO mod though.

I've been considering removing the visors. They stick out the farthest on my truck and I wince everytime I graze by a 2 foot diameter tree. Might also look cleaner without the visors. Thoughts?

IMG_7498_b.jpg

P8210416.jpg

Does anyone have a pic of the factory winch?

168176_10150376242795107_587200106_16735448_1630181_n.jpg

My visors are coming off. I took one side off already to see what it would look like.

Also, I love the fact that my truck doesn't have a factory roof rack.

C T I S was one option that I wished were available in an 80 series in any part of the world.

C T I S was one option that I wished were available in an 80 series in any part of the world.

It's just not possible without portal hubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom