OEM 4X4 Emblem on the FJ45 LPB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Bear and Peter, never thought about powder coating but we still have the adhesive process on the back. I guess it could be put on separately. Good idea....

However I do have several of these old emblems on the trucks and they have actually help up OK for Fifty years and most likely spent most of their lives out in the elements.

Mark,
I'll take one when you have them ready. I already have something in that spot but I still want the sticker.

The OEM emblem was still listed in SOR's catalog in 1/96 when I bought my 45. I called them up right away to order one right away only to hear NLA.:bang:. Did get a few of their replacement stickers years later because that's all that was available. Would be interested in two.

The OEM emblem was still listed in SOR's catalog in 1/96 when I bought my 45. I called them up right away to order one right away only to hear NLA.:bang:. Did get a few of their replacement stickers years later because that's all that was available. Would be interested in two.
Yes and their replacement stickers do fade, at least mine did on my 45.

Yes and their replacement stickers do fade, at least mine did on my 45.

Interesting, mine are in like new shape. I seen them just couple of days ago in the box with some of my 45 parts.:rolleyes:

Was thinking of buying an set of the Toyota stencils that Metric was selling for 45.tailgates but that was before things went south for Metric.

Interesting, mine are in like new shape. I seen them just couple of days ago in the box with some of my 45 parts.:rolleyes:

Was thinking of buying an set of the Toyota stencils that Metric was selling for 45.tailgates but that was before things went south for Metric.
Mine is a mylar one from SOR put on in 1992.

Mine is a mylar one from SOR put on in 1992.

Interesting didn't realize they were selling those in 92. Would have to dig out my old catalogs but believe it was the 95 catalog they listed the OEM emblem for $10. When I called after hauling my 45 back from California (thanks again for the lead) they told me they were discontinued.:meh:

Original decal is in good hands with Roger. I look forward to the progress. Maybe we can all get some good quality decals soon. Roger, Thank you for your efforts in this endeavor.

Mark

I bought one in 95 ish from sor, along with brand new tnk wiper motors, bug catcher weatherstrip,etc, I certainly miss those days now!!!

Mark you are indeed correct about the 63-65 sticker

20171028_170134.jpg

Yeah, I've seen that sticker on the left side but that's a first on the right. Maybe it's an Australian thing:)

Could it be that this is a RHD and the swing out spare tire rack is on the left, which would cover the sticker unless it was on the right?

Hey BBQLD, when your done with that tailgate I could use it, but you'll have to remount the license frame on the left side. Thanks!:p

Actually, I could use the whole bed, LOL.

If I can get this done, I'll have enough for everyone. At this point I'm trying to find a place to get it done. I really don't just want a another Mylar sticker. I would prefer a metal type material like the original.

Thanks for the responses.

If you haven't found someone to reproduce this sticker, try reaching out to this guy: @SMG

Reactions: SMG
Thanks, Roger is working on these and hopefully we will all be able to get what we need from him soon. These things always seem to take time but are well worth it.

I am in for a couple as well. Roger is local to me and I am sure we will all be happy with the end result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom