OE Long Travel 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ain't that the truth.
Post bankruptcy, the sites were all acquired by a remarkably incompetent VC firm that has since lost all the talent, spoiled the user experience, and destroyed all revenue. It's sad.

Added a little something to the back bumper.

IMG_20210515_161720_408.jpg

IMG_20210515_161720_618.jpg

IMG_20210515_161720_765.jpg

Oh, and as an interesting aside, I realized while writing about the new Bronco the other day that this suspension system gives us more front articulation than either that truck, or a Wrangler Rubicon. Not bad for something that still rides and handles at least as well as the stock 200 on road.

Plan on measuring RTI soon too. The stock 200 returns 661, the top spec Bronco manages 700. I reckon we'll exceed that number.
Did you ever get an RTI score? Very interested in this setup for my 2019 LC200. Curious if it's holding up for you. I'd need a shop to do the work here in CO, any word if shops are doing this and it's dialed in? Thanks! (great interview last month with Scott Brady)

Did you ever get an RTI score? Very interested in this setup for my 2019 LC200. Curious if it's holding up for you. I'd need a shop to do the work here in CO, any word if shops are doing this and it's dialed in? Thanks! (great interview last month with Scott Brady)
Nah. Half out of laziness, half that I'm trying to get Dan (Mr RTI) Edmunds up here to do it impartially.

Still extremely happy with the setup, have yet to drive a better vehicle.

One possible avenue for you might be just to have Dark Horse Customs here in Bozeman do everything for you. We don't have sales tax in Montana, and they do excellent work while billing honest hours. I don't get anything out of it but a mechanic I can trust and refer friends to, but they'll reach out to me if they have any questions. Call, ask for Josh, tell him you want to copy my build, and he'll know what you're asking for.

Nah. Half out of laziness, half that I'm trying to get Dan (Mr RTI) Edmunds up here to do it impartially.

Still extremely happy with the setup, have yet to drive a better vehicle.

One possible avenue for you might be just to have Dark Horse Customs here in Bozeman do everything for you. We don't have sales tax in Montana, and they do excellent work while billing honest hours. I don't get anything out of it but a mechanic I can trust and refer friends to, but they'll reach out to me if they have any questions. Call, ask for Josh, tell him you want to copy my build, and he'll know what you're asking for.
Wes, that's fantastic. Thank you for that advice and contact. it's what makes IH8MUD one of the last real communities.
Mr. Edmunds should do a whole video on it with your setup. Kind of a "here's what long travel is all about..." He's working for someone now? Car and Driver technical editor. Surely they could finagle a way to make long travel fun. ha! Re-read all your headlight pieces, so good, the deep dive technical pieces are so rare, appreciate your commitment.

Wes, that's fantastic. Thank you for that advice and contact. it's what makes IH8MUD one of the last real communities.
Mr. Edmunds should do a whole video on it with your setup. Kind of a "here's what long travel is all about..." He's working for someone now? Car and Driver technical editor. Surely they could finagle a way to make long travel fun. ha! Re-read all your headlight pieces, so good, the deep dive technical pieces are so rare, appreciate your commitment.
Thanks man. Happy to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom