Not mine, but supposed 2016 Land Cruiser Double Cab Pickup for sale... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Our current vehicle -- as you can see from the shipping manifest I posted here earlier -- was delayed and rerouted but should be off-loaded at the Port of Philadelphia OOA the 28th of July now. We hope to spend some time working with the folks at OK4WD in New Jersey on some aspects of this "for SEMA" build. We expect to have that same vehicle transported to our facility here in Colorado Springs towards the end of August where everyone will be welcome to come by the shop and see and touch and feel and smell the LC America around the beginning of September. Given the scrutiny this vehicle will receive, we are not going to rush something half-baked to market. You can look for our first vehicle -- outfit only with our BlackBox Diesel Emissions Control technology -- running around the backroads of New Jersey and Pennsylvania, collecting telemetry for the EPA.

Our current vehicle -- as you can see from the shipping manifest I posted here earlier -- was delayed and rerouted but should be off-loaded at the Port of Philadelphia OOA the 28th of July now. We hope to spend some time working with the folks at OK4WD in New Jersey on some aspects of this "for SEMA" build. We expect to have that same vehicle transported to our facility here in Colorado Springs towards the end of August where everyone will be welcome to come by the shop and see and touch and feel and smell the LC America around the beginning of September. Given the scrutiny this vehicle will receive, we are not going to rush something half-baked to market. You can look for our first vehicle -- outfit only with our BlackBox Diesel Emissions Control technology -- running around the backroads of New Jersey and Pennsylvania, collecting telemetry for the EPA.

I'm in Jersey and would love to stop by OK4WD if possible to check it out. Pls keep us posted when it's there. OK4wd is 40 minutes from me.

@mikeshomeworks claimed to be the inventor of the "black box diesel emissions" technology, how are you proceeding without him?

You are going to have a booth at SEMA to sell these trucks?

There is a first truck already here and a second truck arriving 7/28?

Ok, I'm jumping in -- but I would really appreciate a lifeline if I need it!

1. What is the ownership of LC America, Inc.? Named individuals and percentages, including beneficial owners if held through an other corporate entity or limited liability company.

Just like ICON 4x4 and many other successful businesses like it, this is a husband and wife, family owned business. Ownership of LC America, Inc. is split 51/49 between my wife and I. LC America, Inc. is a US based privately owned company registered and in good standing in the State of Colorado. We are registered with an SAE Automotive World Manufacturer Identifier (WMI), we are licensed as both a Vehicle Manufacturer and a Vehicle Dealer, we are Dun and Bradstreet Verified and Rated, Comodo Certified and proud SEMA Members.

2. What is the relationship between yourself and Michael Papp of @mikeshomeworks - the original poster/promoter on eBay and MUD? Sibling, cousin, parent? To what degree does Michael retain any interest in LC America as owner, creditor, licensee, contingent beneficiary, etc. either in his own name or through an intermediary?

Michael Papp is my brother and a mechanical genius, and the idea for this venture was entirely his. That said, I am not my brothers keeper and Michael Papp does not retain any interest in LC America as owner, creditor, licensee, contingent beneficiary, etc. either in his own name or through an intermediary.

3. Are you working at LC America full time as CEO and Project Manager or are you still employed as a professional recruiter?

As a largely self-funded effort, I do not have the option / luxury to only work for LC America as a full time CEO -- though I hope to be able to do so by the end of October.

4. What other staff are working on this project at this time?

Aside from the lawyers and accountants, etc., we currently have a staff of six, to include: My wife and myself, a Senior Business Adviser, a Chief Operating Officer, a Chief Financial Officer, a Lead Mechanic and a Parts Installer.

5. How many trucks are on the ground as of this date (14 July, 2017)? Pending.

6. Where are you in the process of "federalizing" the VDJ79 platform? Pending.

7. When do you anticipate that you will have final approval with all documentation, data stickers, etc. in place? Pending.

8. When do you anticipate that you will have a final, published price list? Pending.

9. Will you operate as a dealer under state law as well as a manufacturer? Pending.

10. Will you provide financing, warranty support and other elements of value for your purchasers along with vehicle accessories? Assuming Toyota in USA will view these vehicles as something other than welcome visitors, how will you coordinate/provide/pay for warranty calls, both on the source vehicle and for the final LC America product? Pending.

11. Will you sell a VDJ79 two or four door model without any modifications or accessories (other than required emission modifications)?Pending.

12. Will these vehicles be titled as Toyotas or LC America vehicles? Pending.

@mikeshomeworks claimed to be the inventor of the "black box diesel emissions" technology, how are you proceeding without him? You are going to have a booth at SEMA to sell these trucks?
There is a first truck already here and a second truck arriving 7/28?

Most great ideas without funding remain just that -- ideas. Mike had the idea, I have the funding and I work for IBM. I think the idea of a Watson-powered learning ECU has great potential. And yes, we will have a booth at SEMA to display these trucks in all their glory and will begin taking full-up vehicle orders at that time. And you are correct.

Ah hah! So just like ICON only the extremely wealthy will be able to afford it!

That excludes me! How many others does it exclude?

I am all for it but seriously.....

Cheers

And just an FYI I can start a Corp in Costa Rica or any other Latin Country and buy a say 2010+ 76-series wagon for say $25-35k with about 50,000 or less miles on it. That fits my budget, style and lifestyle much better.

Can I drive it or ship it to the USA? Yes I can! Can I register it in the USA? No I can't! How much coin is a USA title worth to me? Not north of $75k that is for sure!

Not to be negative but let's be realistic as to who Mr. Papp's potential buyers are. Just like ICON it excludes 95+% of us.

GLWS!

Cheers

5. How many trucks are on the ground as of this date (14 July, 2017)? Pending.

There's one arriving around 7/28, but is there or isn't there a truck already here?

Most great ideas without funding remain just that -- ideas. Mike had the idea, I have the funding and I work for IBM. I think the idea of a Watson-powered learning ECU has great potential. And yes, we will have a booth at SEMA to display these trucks in all their glory and will begin taking full-up vehicle orders at that time. And you are correct.

I am correct there's a truck already here? When can someone see it?

Your SEMA membership page says Michael Papp is the "Assistant Project Director". But I understand these things can be outdated.

I will relay to you what I told your brother. I will fly anytime, anywhere to see a brand new, legally federalized 70 series in the US and I can do a cash wire transfer from my phone. As we know now, his story about having three legalized trucks at an open house "with donuts" was a complete lie. But here we are, talking about these trucks, so his gimmick definitely got results. If nothing, this has all been very entertaining.

If these trucks were to exist, you would sell plenty of them. I would buy at least 3 at the prices you're talking about. I would rather have the stock truck before the accessories and mods. HZJ79's, VDJ79's, and 78's. Me personally, I would buy a VDJ200. If you've got the emissions resolved, DOT approved components from a US 200 would make compliance a snap.

The other thing I told your brother was that I do not care how you do it, if it's a verifiable, legalized vehicle, there are plenty of buyers and I'm one of them.

Have you taken any deposits?

Ok everybody. I'm off for a bit. I need to take some time to think through the comments that have been posted regarding my answers to the first four questions before I respond to the remaining questions. Best to take a day up in the Colorado mountains and come back refreshed -- and be able to provide thoughtful responses -- rather than simply reacting right now to the negative. The only thing that I will say is -- there is so much energy and expertise here, that if that energy and expertise had been applied to making this work rather than shooting it down, we could have had this done already.

Ok everybody. I'm off for a bit. I need to take some time to think through the comments that have been posted regarding my answers to the first four questions before I respond to the remaining questions. Best to take a day up in the Colorado mountains and come back refreshed -- and be able to provide thoughtful responses -- rather than simply reacting right now to the negative. The only thing that I will say is -- there is so much energy and expertise here, that if that energy and expertise had been applied to making this work rather than shooting it down, we could have had this done already.

This has been the typical Papp response when people ask questions.

Awh. That is very sad Steve. I'm doing my best to re-engage with a skeptical community of folks -- and I won't stop engaging. But I am a precise person -- with my words and my deeds -- and I will continue to take the time to think through almost EVERYTHING that I do in all aspects of my life. In this case, I have not disengaged, I just want to be thoughtful in my responses. Being thoughtful has worked well for me throughout my life and I am not going to stop now.

Awh. That is very sad Steve. I'm doing my best to re-engage with a skeptical community of folks -- and I won't stop engaging. But I am a precise person -- with my words and my deeds -- and I will continue to take the time to think through almost EVERYTHING that I do in all aspects of my life. In this case, I have not disengaged, I just want to be thoughtful in my responses. Being thoughtful has worked well for me throughout my life and I am not going to stop now.

Is there much thoughtfulness required to answer a yes or no question? You could have answered any or all of my 3 "yes/no" questions in less time than it took to write either of your defensively reactive messages.

I was trying to work through the one set of questions posed by Ward before jumping around to other questions. I'll be back on later this evening and will work through all...

Response to Interrogatories Deuxième Partie:

5. How many trucks are on the ground as of this date (14 July, 2017)? A single test vehicle.

6. Where are you in the process of "federalizing" the VDJ79 platform? Telemetry collection for submission to EPA.

7. When do you anticipate that you will have final approval with all documentation, data stickers, etc. in place? October 1, 2017.

8. When do you anticipate that you will have a final, published price list? October 1, 2017.

9. Will you operate as a dealer under state law as well as a manufacturer? Yes, we will -- in the State of Colorado.

10. Will you provide financing, warranty support and other elements of value for your purchasers along with vehicle accessories? Assuming Toyota in USA will view these vehicles as something other than welcome visitors, how will you coordinate/provide/pay for warranty calls, both on the source vehicle and for the final LC America product? This question will require more thought on my part. My apologies. I will work up a complete / detailed response as quickly as I can.

11. Will you sell a VDJ79 two or four door model without any modifications or accessories (other than required emission modifications)? In order to be fully compliant for onward sales in the US, the vehicle that leaves our Colorado manufacturing facility will need to meet all EPA and DOT/NHTSA requirements. In order to meet all EPA and DOT/NHTSA requirements, we need to make modifications to the vehicle emissions control system and very specific modification to the vehicle itself. So our "base" legalized VDJ79 vehicle -- the LC America -- will be sold without any modifications or accessories other than those required by the EPA and the DOT/NHTSA. That said, at this time we expect to ship LC America vehicles to customers with all/all of the original non-us spec parts to do with / use as purchasers see fit.

12. Will these vehicles be titled as Toyotas or LC America vehicles? This question will require more thought on my part. My apologies. I will work up a complete / detailed response as quickly as I can. I can say that our first vehicle is titled and insured as a Toyota.

I would also be glad to fly over to inspect and go over the paperwork to confirm it is here legally.

Quick question about GVW upgrade: Will the axles be upgraded to meet the new rating and will the trucks have new placards reflecting the new upgraded GVW?

The trucks will have placards reflecting the new upgraded GVW, but whether or not the axles will be upgraded is still a bit up in the air at this point in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom