Not cruiser related.. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's really cool. I always liked beavers....:p

Grew up on a good sized creek they were always working on, and it was neat to watch.

That's really cool. I always liked beavers....:p

Grew up on a good sized creek they were always working on, and it was neat to watch.
Haha yeah they're something.

Was pretty impressive with the maple. I went back every morning and more chunks were being carted off until there was only a few twigs and leaves around the stump.

Tree didn't die, it's just more of a bush now 🤣

Haven't been back to the end with this tree in a while, guess we'll see if they clean up or forget about it

And just cuz I'm bored, this was over 3 maybe 4 nights of his work.

IMG_20230302_165532.jpg
IMG_20230302_165529.jpg
IMG_20230302_165539.jpg
IMG_20230302_165535.jpg

I'm still amazed at how clean he left the area. There's be more mess if I'd cut it down 🤣

I'll check back on the other tree on the weekend.

It's faster than Bradford and an axe!

Really cool. Hopefully he doesn't become a pest at some point. It's got quite an appetite it seems.

Wow! We need someone to start another Landcruiser project desperately. Although we all like a beaver with a well manicured bush.

It's faster than Bradford and an axe!

Really cool. Hopefully he doesn't become a pest at some point. It's got quite an appetite it seems.
Haha, probably more accurate measurements than him too 😂

it was beavers that made that pond, so if they survived the mid 90's when they actually flooded out the road they'll survive me.

Apparently every govt agency in existence stared at the road deciding whether to blow up the beavers or raise the road.

Beavers won.

We just make sure there's chicken wire around the bases of trees we don't want to disappear. They seem to only go after ones that are below a certain trunk size (famous last words...😏)

Last edited:
Was this the right time… maybe he should have saved it for later. Who knows… story to follow at 11.

One sheet boats are awesome. Lol

My duck punts are a blast on the pond, but some sort of ultra light weight , high performance skiff where drowning is the most likely outcome may have to happen.

Trick is the appendages. Duck punts have none so they'll sail right over sand bars and Lilly pads without getting hung up.

Lack of a rudder does make them a tad squirrelly tho...🤣

Maybe next winter if I haven't complicated my life with some stupid little car.

One sheet boats are awesome. Lol

My duck punts are a blast on the pond, but some sort of ultra light weight , high performance skiff where drowning is the most likely outcome may have to happen.

Trick is the appendages. Duck punts have none so they'll sail right over sand bars and Lilly pads without getting hung up.

Lack of a rudder does make them a tad squirrelly tho...🤣

Maybe next winter if I haven't complicated my life with some stupid little car.
I’ve never mucked around boots much. A friend told me about the boots they made out of a sheet of plywood, an engine mounted to form the stern, and a gas outboard.

Almost as dangerous as a figure 8 in the hydroplane they did… apparently that’s a big no no in a circle course boat.

Working my way through another thread, and someone posted this thing up. In our little world of rust and corrosion
in small spaces, I think this could really be an asset. Spring bolt nuts, anything using studs especially ie exhaust studs.
The element is totally flexible which is its selling feature to me.

Bolt Buster

How this guy describes Ford trucks ability to self lubricate the bottom of the truck is priceless and worth the watch alone, LOL!

Pic today of little humming bird nest I've been watching in our back yard. Hopefully it warms up a bit so there are some blossoms for them soon; looks like they'll be out and about before long.

IMG_20230325_091546471.jpg

Have another set of those cool powered bench legs, so I'm making myself a faux Roubo bench.

Some crappy oak wrapped around an old chunk of laminated beam. Beam as a core to give it mass so it doesn't bounce around.

PXL_20230325_222325083.jpg
PXL_20230325_222238360.jpg

I'll add a long vise to the side, just not easy to find acme rod and nuts around here. Could use regular threaded rod I guess. Just slow. :lol:

Still need to wire up the legs, and make a little shelf underneath it so i don't lose all those dogs, but it's getting there.

Time for a leaf blower clean up. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom