Nightmare Covid Shop Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just now noticed you’re in FWB. We’ll have to link up some time. I live in DeFuniak Springs.

Just spending some time organizing and moving vehicles. No big changes

160660F7-CFFC-4B2A-9C4A-8598A1BADFB3.jpeg

F79A83CD-FB51-41EE-AB5F-3E6BF778C6A9.jpeg

I had only 1 job where I had to travel 1 time in 50 years of working. It was NO WAY NEAR how cool this is !!!

When I was a younger man, I worked a whole winter season on the North Slope and Beaufort Sea, and absolutely loved it. Have always wanted to go back.

Back in the mid 1970’s we had a friend who worked on the pipeline… he tells us a story that when they would go out to places ( usually a bar) and see a guy with a cowboy hat, they’d make a comment “. What happened, you lose your horse?”….this friend wore an engineers cap so someone said to him, “ don’t feel bad this guy lost a whole train”

must be pipeline humor? Still made me laugh.

Always wanted to go but now at this age, I’m thinking it ain’t happening. Amazing photos

Back in the mid 1970’s we had a friend who worked on the pipeline… he tells us a story that when they would go out to places ( usually a bar) and see a guy with a cowboy hat, they’d make a comment “. What happened, you lose your horse?”….this friend wore an engineers cap so someone said to him, “ don’t feel bad this guy lost a whole train”

must be pipeline humor? Still made me laugh.

Always wanted to go but now at this age, I’m thinking it ain’t happening. Amazing photos
Real life pipeliner here……. It’s not what it used to be…. The last decade and especially the last 5 years have really changed. With bean counters/lawyers/enviro the fun is gone. That’s internally with the hands on guys, on top of that you have the never ending lawsuits and legal wrangling to “stop the evil land steeling underground pipe bombs” from the environmental wackado’s.

It used to be awesome, it used to be fun, it used to be a job where you work hard, play hard, and got a lot of personal time off at once if you chose to. It used to be a good living…. Now many of the good hands have retired or moved on more “normal” careers and what’s left is a mix wannabes that were just good enough to stay busy when the boom was going, the older guys that have 2 years left and guys like me that too invested to leave it while we can still eeek out decent hours each season but are losing the will and desire to put up with ever increasing uncertainty. Not to mention the sjw and govt types screaming that conventional energy is gonna be dead in 12 years isn’t helping with in the common sense dept for future financial planing

Sorry for the off topic, just a Sunday off post that hit close to home, currently working decent sized (for this year at least) project in ne pa

Last edited:
@mrsleeve like so many things, 50 years has made a huge difference. It really did seem exciting when he would tell me the events as he saw them. Always made me wish I could visit some day. Now I am 70 years old…I’m sure a trip like that would be tough

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom