For Sale Nice longbed found in Montana $6,500... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wdukes

SILVER Star
Threads
You're right--very tempting.

Looked into this--helluva long drive from Calif, no big city to fly in and take a peek, hate to send money to a complete stranger, have a busy schedule and lots of other projects in front of me.

Great buy for someone closer with no backlog of projects.

Thanks, Dukes, for posting this. Does get the antenna sparking.

For the un-initiated this is how it starts: a single purchase becomes an interesting hobby becomes an obsession becomes an addiction leaving a black-hole in your wallet and your life--or something like that ! This truck will either become opium to one of us addicted, or start some poor soul down a rabbit hole with no method of return. But surely I jest ! ? Which of the Twelve Steps is this?

All kidding aside, good luck to the buyer !!

Ha ha... like asking another crack addict if you should buy some more crack.

@Bear is on point....this is a self-inflicted addiction. I think I'm at about stage 10 of 12. :bang: What a great truck...

If I wasn't in the middle of a family vacation I'd be pursuing this. Sadly I'm quite confident broaching the subject with my wife as we sit here on the beach would put my marital status in great jeopardy.

Good luck to whoever is lucky enough to pick the old girl up as she looks to have good bones :beer:

On pic 9 and 10, showing the end of the crossmember on the outside of the frame, it looks like a frame repair at the bed mount?

This is a time I wish I was still single... <<< Road Trip >>>

If I wasn't in the middle of a family vacation I'd be pursuing this. Sadly I'm quite confident broaching the subject with my wife as we sit here on the beach would put my marital status in great jeopardy.

Good luck to whoever is lucky enough to pick the old girl up as she looks to have good bones :beer:
Just send a wire and deal with it later....(I have experience here)

mine is the same.

I am really really trying hard to not buy any more "stuff" I am overwhelm by the "stuff" I have, but its all good stuff ;)

my last fj40 find went to a young kid for what I paid for it, I keep it less than 48 hours. I probably let 7K slip thru my hands if i had flipped it. Passed on a mint 1 owner 83 Supra 2 weeks ago.....sure it would be been neat to have....but didn't need it.

there is a 1 owner(she is 85 years old) 93 Cummins with 79,000 miles on it for sale by me I keep looking at, its a deal, but do I need it? (actually I kinda do) But I would have to spend 2K to put a Tommy Gate on it.....I have one on my Chevy and will never own a truck without one. Downside......Cummins would make it easy to go pick up more Cruisers......LOL.....

I believe that's factory reinforcing I feel like mine have the same.

Funny... I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel to appease the Mrs. For the time/$$$ I spent to recently acquire a wagon on the other side of the country.

Hard to believe its for sale still. I'm clean and sober, haven't bought a 45 in about 3 months! Glad I was up at 6am today buying a true barn find 72 mb 300 sle 4.5, otherwise I might have relapsed!
Sure looks solid for that price.

Very nice guy. Missing the big window, cutout hole in bed, and hole in floor. Needs a windshield frame and the motor might be bad.... Still, a good deal.

The previous owner actually used this truck. Used the PTO setup for a pump in the bed on his farm.

I need this like I need another hole in my head...

Shipping would be astronomically high too..... (For me). In two weeks I'm leaving Germany after a little over two years here headed to Ft Polk Louisiana.

Hey guys, I am the previous/current owner of this. The guy above is right. A gentleman out of the D.C. area is sending the money and will take this home with him.
All you guys that called were a plethora of knowledge. I appreciate the interest. I told a few of you that I know where a few more of these are pretty close to me. I will talk with those ranchers over the next few weeks and see what else I can come up with on those. If I get info, I'll post it on here or email the guys that I saved their stuff.
Again, thanks for all the interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom