Newbie to IH8MUD with a 78 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
I'v been poking around IH8MUD for the last few months and thought it time to join. I live in Pleasanton, CA in the east bay area. I have a 78' with about 75K miles on it. Original paint and damn near perfect body with no rust. (Disappointed in the diamond plate corners since they are not hiding rust) Previous owner did OME lift with an additional 2" body lift, saginaw conversion, rear disc brakes, ARB lockers front and rear and put in an 88' 305 mated to the stock 4-speed a TC. Was a TBI motor, but everything injection and smog related is gone and replaced with a 650 Holley. No way to smog it in CA without trying to piece together all of the smog stuff from 88, so I am about to start a swap with a Vortex 5.3/4L60E combo. Picked up a rolled 2004 2-wd Tahoe to scavenge drivetrain and everything else out of. Gotten a lot of good advice from many posts on the forum already as well as from George at Valley Hybrids. After speaking to him, it sounds like the split case is the way to go with the 4L60E for front driveshaft clearance purposes. I would be open to any and all comments, words of wisdom, advice, etc. from those of you that have done it already. I already have stocked up on Jameson and beer, so that's covered.
Shawn

You'll love the 4L60E, but question George and/or Advance Adapter about location/components of the 40 pulse VSS you'll need..

Thanks Jim. The AA website addresses the VSS, so I was hoping that it would not be an issue. I'll definitely look into it in more detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom