NEW Tundra TRD Pro forged BBS wheels (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m still wondering how posts attempting to hawk a damaged wheel are relevant to tech on this type of wheel. There are classifieds sections just for this activity, and posts there won’t obscure good info in this thread on how these fit/look/work on our vehicles.

If im off base let me know ill reconsider the scrape yard

You’re off base. I paid $468 per wheel: BBS TRD Pro wheel. New. In the box, from a Toyota dealer. Un-damaged. No curb rash and NO concern of structural damage.

Last edited:
Is it one was worset than the other. However both still hold air. I would think its fuctional as is still dont look bad pay some wielder to. Pacth it up ahunderd bucks.. sell it for an easy 400

Not to sound rude, but if you truly believe that a forged wheel can be just welded without altering the structural integrity then you should fix it and use instead of losing money.

I have read that high temp powdercoating on forged wheels alter the strength, I could only imagine what time of unsafe condition will wheel be if welded.

You

U could be right but thay still hold air as is you could run them as is. I dont have the money for the weilder my sister gave me these she took off she wonts her truck showroom but after being beat down by uguys its both for a hunderd

Oh, we're not done beating down the price yet... Appreciate the optimism though!

Pesky scrapyards always ruining our good deals.

Mine were new out of the box on a very accurate scale at 27.6 (with multiple weighings)

Cool. It is officially 27.5 now that I look at the specs. I used a bathroom scale back then.

Last edited:
Any chance you can share the alloy it is manufactured from? BBS says they forge from 6000 or 7000 Series for OEM customers.

Cool. It is officially 27.5.

Last edited:
@tacmoa
You’re off base. I paid $468 per wheel: BBS TRD Pro wheel. New. In the box, from a Toyota dealer. Un-damaged. No curb rash and NO concern of structural damage.

I just purchased the BBS wheels and am trying to find new wheel lugs to find - ideally black. Just curious what you did do - reuse the OEM lugs? Can you reuse OEM lugs? If not, what did you get?

Thanks in advance!

Out of shear convenience I went with the OEM lug nuts. They are a perfect fit--in fact, they are designed for aluminum wheels since the steel washer prevents the lug from damaging the wheel (steel being harder than aluminum). The black nuts (found on the TRD Pro) aren't hard to source, But decent Black wheel locks are hard to find. So, I'm just using the lugs that came as OEM on the vehicle.

Last edited:
Any suggestions for how to paint only the red section on the caps? Looks like one of those has the TRD painted silver.
Unfortunately no, I have an airbrush auto touch-up vendor that does it for me. I could share their info with you via PM, but may not be cost effective

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom