New to the DC Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

My name is Matthew and I recently moved to the DC area after graduating from Virginia Tech. I'm hoping to join some of the event here and explore the area. I daily drive my 1988 FJ62 (when it works) and I'm coming from the Olde North State Cruiser territory in NC. I'll be here at least through the summer, but I'm hoping longer. Anyways, on to the pics. I'm looking forward to meeting some of y'all, it seems like you guys have a really close group.

28137169343_d2387b759e_b.jpg

32764887752_884e43e92f_b.jpg

With the project car: 1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster
32365298614_39f3eb498f_b.jpg

Welcome Matthew. You missed our monthly meeting but maybe you can make it next month and we can get acquainted.

Welcome Matthew! We are a pretty close group and pretty active with attending wheeling events and holding tech days.
We are looking forward to meeting you at one of our future meetings. We hold them at Kilroys in Springfield on the 1st Wednesday of the month.
Feel free to reach out to any of us if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Stump
CLCC president

Those people in the first pick are looking in the wrong the direction. Your 62 is right behind them! :flipoff2:

Welcome to the area. That's a nice 62. Care to delve in to the "when it works" comment? That thing should be stone cold reliable.

Welcome to the area, nice 62. Join us at GSMTR next week or at CMCC in July.

Those people in the first pick are looking in the wrong the direction. Your 62 is right behind them! :flipoff2:

Welcome to the area. That's a nice 62. Care to delve in to the "when it works" comment? That thing should be stone cold reliable.

The mechanicals of this truck are stone cold reliable (one of the reasons I wanted a Land Cruiser). Unfortunately I've had to chase some electrical gremlins around the truck. It all started (or didn't rather) with a 'faulty' starter that was actually a consequence of a bad 80's UNGO alarm system and an immobilizer. In any case I replaced the starter with a rebuild OEM unit, cleaned all my grounds, and checked all of my fusible links.

After I removed the alarm, I started to have voltage issues which I tracked down to a battery terminal connection problem. I think I'll replace my ground wires and fusible links just for the piece of mind and maybe have my alternator recoiled. I removed the aftermarket mean green unit from 2001 and I think the stock unit may be a bit tired.

Other than that, most everything has been perfect. I drove the truck back to NC from Austin, TX the day I bought it without trouble and the truck itself is in fantastic shape. Some dry belts and a dry PS pump gasket were a result of infrequent driving by the PO but all is remedied now. The truck's occasional sidelining is only due to a slow baselining procedure from yours truly.

Well, I have a 62 alt laying around and we have an automotive electrical guru in the club and he just LOVES a mystery. :smokin:

Sounds like I've made it to the right place then! This is my first real experience with automotive electrical systems but I am eager to learn.

Paging Ed

I smell an automotive electrical Tech Day coming together. :bounce:

Sounds like fun! The last tech day I did in NC we tackled my birfield rebuild and it was a blast. I'd love to help out and meet you all as well.

The one piece of electrical advice I have is don't let the SMOKE out. And if you do it's to late!!

Welcome to the area and the club.

Fixed it!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the translation.

Nice 62...same colors as mine...the Datsun Fairlady is pretty cool too. Is it the 1600 or the 2000?
Welcome to the area and hopefully the club!!!

It is a 2000 with a 5 speed. Much improved over the 1600 4 speed IMO. I kind of fell into it last year and I love it. I'm also lucky I didn't fall through the floors. It came with great JDM factory weight reduction.

34536372171_f0cac4b04d_b.jpg

34626067366_e68687965c_b.jpg

34666714375_be0d52546c_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom