New to me 45V (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After some trading..... this is my 45V (who needs power steering anyway:lol:)

J4500001.jpg

Looks awesome on 37s!!! You'll have Incredible Hulk biceps before long!!

Still looking- will fwd asap! :eek:

I heard from a little bird that was going on. What happened? Tired of getting sea sick rockin' and rollin' over everything?:bounce::bounce:

Nice truck. Now you need an EXO.:)

sweet rig... you can certainly justify having that. Every man needs a truck!

Thanks Sean,

I was just looking for something else to build with a similar cool factor and the 45 qualifies.

BTW, no need for an exo since the top comes off and the windshield folds down : ) just need me a simple internal cage and some body protection and call it good!

Mike has to be 6 foot and I know Sean exceeds that.... so since we are talking 45's.... guess neither will want to ride with me unless the top is off:lol:

So far, in terms of parts and specs, (Tom can correct me if I am wrong):
2.5" lift springs, 1.5" shackles = 4" SUA lift which rides pretty nice, unsure of the flex

'80 J4 front disc axle and coarse spline 4.10 (have a set of '78 fine spline axles coming:cool:) rear drum brake set up
4-speed tranny, 4-speed case, good running F engine, aussie in the rear, stock PTO winch,
stock everything else...

I have high steer arms, minitruck PS brackets (looking for a higher volume pump, anyone?) I am looking at 3 sticks of DOM for the cab and some HREW for the bed.... oh, and I have an all black, practically new CANBAK 4RUNNER CANVAS SOFT TOP to fit over the bed! (Sides roll up as does rear window)!!!!!

mounted my 37's on 2" BS wheels (no caliper grinding on these? I'm not complaining)..

I am still unsure of the specifics for this build, I need to wheel it and see what it needs;) any suggestions?

Last edited:
"Go outside and do that. " I love that line Sean, almost as good as Bury's "wheel it till itsa truggy" LOL!

Thanks for the props John! When will we see you on the trails again? Missed you at the CMCC and Pig Run!

Is your 45 ready for some very mild trails in VA? I'm thinking of a camping/wheeling trip to GWNF in the next month or so.

The wipers? Are they single speed or 2 speed? I don't know 45's well enough to just look and know. But the windshield vent makes me think its early.

And you may want to run some tube around the fenders. Just something to rub up against.

And that god awful hoop in the bed? That staying or going?

Hey Bob,

Yeah, it can be ready by next month for a mild trip... shoot me a date and we'll see about it. Sounds good!

Sean,

AFAIK, the wipers are one speed (they work OK). I can't find any brights on the light switch so I need to look into that... it is a '65 make, 66 tagged, '67 titled : )

That 'heachache' rack is going back to Tom for his '67 resto...... I like it but it is more cosmetic than anything else. I am planning a B-hoop with halo and two supports down the dash made with DOM (good idea John)... and then a simple HREW family type bed cage for the canvas top... I do plan on small fender bars and maybe making these rear wheel well 'flares' that came with the 45 into sliders for the bed...

Thanks for the idea on moving the sliders up Dave, we'll see about it.

Jeff,

I just got back from Burl's; he's got the craziest schedule so I'll see what works for him and then post up on ALCA and CLCC. I want to see the 45 in action!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom