New to me 45V (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am not fond of driving the 45 in the salt... dry roads in the winter at most... hopefully it will make it to Rausch a couple times this winter;)

Finished the hardtop 'preservation'... didn't weld in any new metal though it can and will get some in places. I would say it is 90% all there overall. Installed the headliner, not professional but all the same, adequate, better than looking at surface rust as the entire cap and sides are metal, unlike a 40 hardtop which is fiberglass capped.

Pics (I know how CBury loves the sexy sidewindows:lol:)

:popcorn:

Wow, nice windows. I think I just got a chubb.:flipoff2:

That is actually OE interior light......

Belts and hoses were will be installed for the PS by this weekend... still uncertain about the making of the rod and which ends for the steering linkage. Left hand J6/J8 taps are 400$ so..... still debating what to do. Looking at one-ton GM rod ends but have not heard back from JM yet... also looking at budbuilt rods with J8 ends.... I'll surely post up when I know.

You may want to check these guys out. The taps are polish and look like decent quality. I've bought some and they seem fine. Good luck.

http://www.victornet.com/cgi-bin/victor/index.html

What does Bud say? He may have the taps to make up the rods.

and I'm guessing that you've already checked MSC and McMaster Carr?

John has checked everywhere including with Gary who has resources as well... quite the tool to get it seems..... Budbuilt has the tap and sells the rods. That is an option so we'll see...

What kind of taps do you need? Jeeper jim inhereted a rather large tap and dye set.

Bud will make a custom rod if you need one.

thanks for all the help

The TRE on the Tierod is M23 x 1.25 and on the draglink is M21 x 1.25 with a larger degree taper on the draglink end... all the places I checked including etaps must special order them and the price is crazy. I guess Toyota wanted to sell alot of TRE's:rolleyes:

I shot John an email with Bud's offering per the website, we'll see what he wants to do. The thing is that John would like to be able to make more of the rods in the future with the stronger J6 and J8 ends.... which would be easily done if we could find an affordable tap:frown:

Sorry dude, Jim checked the garage, largest metric he has is 10. Too bad it's not standard, he has standard up to an inch.

Try Maryland Metric in Baltimore; I've found similar taps there in the past.

saginaw steering, tires, winch, ready to wheel!~

J4500001-1.jpg

J4500002.jpg

That's too nice to wheel. I think you should sell it to me so Lylia can drive it to the grocery store once a week.

its not too nice to wheel, jeff came out tonight to test it out a little bit...it does need some adjustments to the carb, and some extra gearing couldnt hurt either:D...its an interesting rig, thats for sure;p

DSC01206.JPG

DSC01207.JPG

DSC01209.JPG

Some pictures of the Saginaw set up please

I'll get some pics up JT.. I need to adjust the bumpstops so the highsteer and new rods don't hit the frame.....

I am looking forward to wheeling it at the fall crawl to get an idea of how it wheels... I don't foresee any extreme trails with this gearing and carb : )

It is surely the most fun rig to drive around that I've ever had!~

Thanks Jeff, truck looks great, don't beat on it too bad at Fall Crawl, amy have to stop by and see it depending on when I am in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom