New to me 2007 LX470 (Build Thread) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Officially cancelled. Sorry... no AHC for you!!

Now that is $2800 I had set aside for suspension..... looks like I potentially can look into some lockers sooner than later!
Lockers are cool (I’m coming from a triple locked HDJ81) but ATRAC works so well I haven’t been able to justify them. From my research, though, OEM electronic lockers or TJM Pro Lockers are the best choice.

ARB’s and Harrop require wheelspin to engage, TJM/OEM will engage while stationary.

Not to hijack this thread with strong opinions, but IMO the 100 series makes most sense as close to stock as possible. It will never be an extreme wheeler and the 35’s / tons of armour approach deviates from its design principle.

I’d spend my money like this:

- full baseline maintenance
- treat with fluidfilm or equivalent
- drawer system + all the goodies for camping
- dual group 31 AGM setup with OEM canister filter
- electrical/inverter solution
- ARB CKMTA12 hard mounted in rear 1/4 panel
- Mini H1 or Micro D2S projector upgrade
- Doug Thorley manifolds

Last edited:
Lockers are cool (I’m coming from a triple locked HDJ81) but ATRAC works so well I haven’t been able to justify them. From my research, though, OEM electronic lockers or TJM Pro Lockers are the best choice.

ARB’s and Harrop require wheelspin to engage, TJM/OEM will engage while stationary.

Not to hijack this thread with strong jopinions, but IMO the 100 series makes most sense as close to stock as possible. It will never be an extreme wheeler and the 35’s / tons of armour approach deviates from its design principle.

I’d spend my money like this:

- full baseline maintenance
- treat with fluidfilm or equivalent
- drawer system + all the goodies for camping
- dual group 31 AGM setup with OEM canister filter
- electrical/inverter solution
- ARB CKMTA12 hard mounted in rear 1/4 panel
- Mini H1 or Micro D2S projector upgrade
- Doug Thorley manifolds

Last edited:
Update:

After my Ironman suspension got cancelled..I came
back a couple days ago to find UPS had delivered it. Talking to them I guess it got marked cancelled, but was actually too late. I’m able to deliver, but will take a restocking hit and shipping charges.

I’ve decided to say screw it and just install it and start having some fun. If it’s not what I expect… I can always change plans later.

Progress for this morning:
-Front bumper removed -> Ironman front arriving today
-Side steps removed
-UCA’s removed (took a bit of torch work and hammering) -> Nitro UCA’s on next
-35/12.5/17 G003’s getting mounted today on Method 701’s. One of the five wheels arrived damaged so will need to wait to get the spare mounted.

IMG_5084.jpeg

IMG_5082.jpeg

IMG_5102.jpeg

IMG_5107.jpeg

IMG_5111.jpeg

RIP.
-Dampening force actuators (what the globes are attached to)
-Height sensors
-Any lines that aren't mangled from removal

Thx.

That looks like fun! Hope you don‘t encounter too many other „torch problems“

Update:

Got the Ironman foam cell pro lift installed. A few hiccups were had, but glad it’s mostly finished. I hope to never remove AHC rear shocks again. Those back 12mm bolts are a bit**. Also had some issues getting the rear upper/lower trailing arms removed and lined back up, but eventually was successful. After finishing up for the day realized I left the plastic cover off one of the rear shocks, 🤦‍♂️…I guess that will need to be pulled again.

Still lots of work to be done. Haven’t made any adjustments yet…just got everything bolted on and wanted to get a rough idea with the new tires/wheels.

Next will be getting alignment and everything better adjusted and then onto front bumper/winch, ASFIR full skids, and welding up the coastal off road rear bumper.

IMG_5199.jpeg

IMG_5206.jpeg

IMG_5217.jpeg

IMG_5216.jpeg

IMG_5212.jpeg

Keep an eye on those CV's now. They might puke all over the place.

Due to changed angle? Front diff drop brought back to stock angle.

Or maybe you meant something else and I’m clueless…
I had diff drop installed at the same time as IM FCP lift but it still happened.

I would highly recommend at least a front locker. Just read on all the front diff failures thst occur on these vehicles if you offroad any type of harder terrain. ATRAC is nice but it’s not exactly smooth and very harsh on your driveline. You won’t regret getting a front locker.

I would highly recommend at least a front locker. Just read on all the front diff failures thst occur on these vehicles if you offroad any type of harder terrain. ATRAC is nice but it’s not exactly smooth and very harsh on your driveline. You won’t regret getting a front locker.
I respectfully disagree. ATRAC is not going to break your diff. The brakes cannot stop a wheel with enough force to break the diff. Getting a wheel spinning and smashing it on a hard surface, on the other hand…

A lot of us do moderate/serious off-roading without a locker, but you can’t just stomp on it and hope for the best. I may be more inclined to agree on a 98-99 with the 2 pinion front diff and no ATRAC.

I respectfully disagree. ATRAC is not going to break your diff. The brakes cannot stop a wheel with enough force to break the diff. Getting a wheel spinning and smashing it on a hard surface, on the other hand…

A lot of us do moderate/serious off-roading without a locker, but you can’t just stomp on it and hope for the best. I may be more inclined to agree on a 98-99 with the 2 pinion front diff and no ATRAC.
Good luck

All kidding aside there are hundreds of broken 100 series diffs reported on this forum. Doesn’t matter 2 or 4 pinion and adding a front locker is the best thing you can do to minimize the chance of that happening. Plus it just works smoother and better. ATRAC is nice but sometimes you will wish you had a locker. Trust me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom