Builds New project - 12H-T turbo diesel transplant into my 1991 FJ80. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im curious if you ended up needing to do this. I am working on this part of my conversion now and this had not occurred to me.

I did do this but I haven't finished getting all the AC hoses made so I haven't fired up the AC yet. I also moved from Davis, CA to Portland, OR so there was less need to have the AC running.

My ac does seem to work with my old 24v stator but I will get the 12v one from Dave with my next order. Anyone know if I am hurting anything by running the old one ?

Stone I got my Dakota Digital interface in. Did you just put it in right behind the gauge, or did you fond another good place to get into those wires?

cool build, just read the whole thread. got any updates? like how many km's have been put on this combo, and hows the gasser trans working out?

Hey Stoney and Sheldon, thanks for posting up this thread. It seems i am heading down this road in the near future so it will come in very handy.
do you have the part number for the kick down cable and the #1 bypass tube?. will i need these for an install of just a 2H? or is this 12HT specific?

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier, Wayne...this board is busy!

so Stone,
how much $$$ do you think you put into the swap?
I am thinking of doing the diesel thing or SC the 1fz-fe
I have a f250 4x4 diesel and love diesel sound.
Nice work!!!

If you're looking to have someone do a conversion for you...Ciaran Wilson is the guy you want at 604-613-6475. He's a Toyota Master Tech with diesel knowledge. He's done a few of these conversions in the past and the results have been trucks that look like Toyota put the diesel in there themselves. If you need parts related to your conversion, you might want to look up G&S Cruiser Parts.

trying to call Ciaran Wilson with the number you posted, but its busy all the time. would you have another number for him? or what's the name of his business

Thanks, Sonny...G&S have a couple of 1HD-T's available, I think...would fit nicely into your 80. :D
Hey stone new to this forum stuff.ive been reading this thread and since it's made me get a 12ht 60 series and do this swap into my fj80.an curious to know which to you was the hardest part of the swAp.and is there any things to watch out for? Cheers

My 80 il chuck up a pic of the 60 when it gets dropped at mine.

IMG_5741.JPG

Hey stone new to this forum stuff.ive been reading this thread and since it's made me get a 12ht 60 series and do this swap into my fj80.an curious to know which to you was the hardest part of the swAp.and is there any things to watch out for? Cheers
Hey Cooper: If I recall correctly, things like having to modify the 80 series radiator because the hose bungs were in the wrong spot for the 12HT, was the most complex part. Of course motor mounts need to be custom as well. Aside from that, it was having access to bits and pieces, like a variety of transmission lines, to try out because the transmission was behind a 3FE and is now behind a 12HT. The electrical was a matter of changing everything to 12V on the engine...and then a Dakota Digital adaptor was needed to translate the signal from the 12HT bell housing for the 80 series tach.

Best of luck! You'll love the grunt of a diesel on that 80 series...especially on the trails. :)

heh bro sweet I'm pretty much just getting into removing the 3fe should be out this w.e I reckon. Then il start removing the 12ht from the 60.yhrn get to making it fit

IMG_5953.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom