New Guy Introduction-Raleigh (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New member here. My name is William and my fiancé and I live in Raleigh. Have followed the forum for a little but have not been too active. For those local to Raleigh my fiancé and I have had the champagne & blue two tone FJ62s in Cameron Village for the pst couple years. We releuxtanly recently sold them to free up some things while we were building our new home in Cameron Village.

I have owned a handful of FJ60/62s over the years and just recently picked up a 1996 LX450 that was a 2 owner sold brand new here in Raleigh. This is been my project for the past couple of weeks and will post some pictures shortly. These have been more toys in the past than daily drivers but plan to try and drive the 80 series as much daily as I can. I am a builder here in Raleigh and that pretty much forces me to drive my 2500 or something bigger.

What I have done to the LX450 thus far-

(I have quite a few company vehicles that are Toyota, over 90 so a lot of the work was done here at the local Toyota dealer as I have a preneogited labor rate + parts discount due to the size of my fleet.)

BFG K02 Tires-Stock Size
Shear Comfort Lambskin Seats
Lloyd 1st & 2nd Row Mats
Weather-Tech Rear Liner
Rebuilt Driver & Pass Seats
-Gamitivi Plastic Seat Gears
Complete Toyota Baseline
-Spark Plugs
-Spark Plug Wires
-Distributor Rotor & Cap
-PCV Valve
-PCV Hoses
-Valve Cover Gasket
-Distributor O Ring
-Brake Fluid Flush
-Power Steering Fluid Flush
-Coolant Flush (Red)
-Transmission Drain + Fill
-Transfer Case Service
-Front & Rear Diff Service
-Repack Bearings (Loose)
-Oil Change
-Fuel Filter
-Air Filter
Toyota Upgrades #2
-Radiator
-Radiator Cap
-Thermostat & Gasket
-HCV OEM System
-All Hoses/Clamps
-ReRubber Entire Engine
-Water Pump
-Front Crank Seal
-Oil Pump O-Ring
-Drive Belts
-Front & Rear Brakes
-Front Flex Brake Hoses
-Lubricate DriveShaft
-3 x Differential Switches
-Battery Tie Down
PHH ReRoute
-Initaily ordered the PHH Silcone hose with Breeze clamps and gave up about 8 House into it. Went with Thermoid Heater Hose for the reroute and Breeze Clamps.
John Deere Bulb Upgrade
3D Printed Cup Holder

I will post some pictures of it here shortly. If anyone has any suggestions as to any other Maintenance items I am missing please feel free to let me know. My goal for this 80 is to keep it stock & 100% OEM as possible, with the exception being the stock size BFG KO2 tires.

Look forward to meeting you all!

WHB III

Welcome! Your 80 is in great hands, awesome that you got so much done on it already. Knuckles? ;)

Welcome William

Welcome

Hey! Welcome William. Everyone knows the Raleigh crowd is more active than the Charlotte crowd so you are in good hands.

welcome! and try to make it out to next months dinner in a few weeks!

Welcome! I'm interested in seeing that 3D printed cup holder...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom