New guy from NJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
whats going on everyone. doing the customary new guy intro. recently got into some offroading and overlanding, my first build was a 98 forester with 2.5" lift, bigger tires, home made swing out spare tire carrier, etc..but i came across a 1996 LX450 with OME lift, 35" tires, ARB front bumper and snorkle and i got it for $2160 so i couldnt pass it up. needs some love but im tackling one thing at a time. looking forward to taking this bad boy out on some trips. also thankful for all the info this forum has, im sure ill be spending hours browsing.

image1.JPG

I gotta ask, how'd you get it for such a steal?? Great looking truck!

I gotta ask, how'd you get it for such a steal?? Great looking truck!
well somehow i found it on craigslist for $2800. they guy wasnt mechanically inclined at all so i picked the truck apart. has a oil leak, rear u joint was blown out (fixed), sunroof stuck (fixed), AC not working, missing rear seats, no radio...u see what im getting at..so i worked my way down to $2160, which is a steal even at its current state. Good thing im a master lexus tech, so all this work does not intimidate me..that much. hah

That exhaust exit looks interesting for a truck that will actually be used offroad. How does it sound/smell in the cab?
yea very stupid location, i will be putting back to stock eventually. im not sure exactly how stock routing is, so if anyone has a pic of their exhaust it would be super helpful!!

yea very stupid location, i will be putting back to stock eventually. im not sure exactly how stock routing is, so if anyone has a pic of their exhaust it would be super helpful!!
and i havent gotten a chance to drive it that much so i cant say anything about the smell but it is loud since it has a magnaflow muffler

Nice score, sounds like you have skills to get it in top shape in no time.

Welcome to the addiction! :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2: (official welcome!)

You got a great deal on your 80........welcome Mud brother........keep your wallet handy.

Cool truck dude, and for a great price.

Be careful parallel parking though, those roof rack tubes could poke someone's eye out!! He must have been into kayaks or something for them to be sticking out so far.

Congrats i was going to purchase as well...just not enough time for two projects..welcome from Jersey as well!

whats going on everyone. doing the customary new guy intro. recently got into some offroading and overlanding, my first build was a 98 forester with 2.5" lift, bigger tires, home made swing out spare tire carrier, etc..but i came across a 1996 LX450 with OME lift, 35" tires, ARB front bumper and snorkle and i got it for $2160 so i couldnt pass it up. needs some love but im tackling one thing at a time. looking forward to taking this bad boy out on some trips. also thankful for all the info this forum has, im sure ill be spending hours browsing.

View attachment 1452722

What part of Jersey?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom