Builds New Build "TAYOTA" Father & Daughter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good pops. Keep it up!!! We got a bunch done on Corey's today. Maybe he will update his build thred

Today's BIG news is the Old Man Emu lift I ordered for my 80 should arrive, but I have no idea when I can get to that. It is on the list. I also fabbed up some brackets to put my con ferr rack on my 40s hardtop. Nice to get stuff done!

The OME kit on the 80 only takes a couple hours. If you need an extra hand I'm fairly local. :beer:

Mattafact, Thanks for the offer! At this point I have no idea when I will find a few hours to play with the 80.

So I was not able to paint over the weekend. I got an early start on Saturday figuring I could sand and prep the last of the body parts. I drove over to the shop and after about about 10 minutes I got a return text from a craigslist ad on some BFGs. SCORE! I ended up hopping in the car, picking them up and having Corey (owner of previously mentioned Goldmember build) mount them on the 80. When I got back to the shop it was afternoon and I spent around 5 hours getting ready for paint. Sunday was too cold, but I am ready when time permits.
image-1552876036.jpg
image-1961996588.jpg
image-3212663053.jpg
image-3859553578.jpg

Life has been busy, but some work has gone on. A while back I bought an instrument cluster for this build since we didn't have one. It was in pretty good shape, but some of the gauges were out and it was very dirty. Purple cleaner worked great, I put the gauges we want back in and I hope it is ready to go. The cluster is missing the wording for each gauge and I am not sure if there is a solution other then buying another cluster.
image-1432993076.jpg

Thanks for the link, I will look into new labels for the cluster soon. Could be a great solution

Time to bring this gal back to life. Dec 9-10 we are planning a build weekend to get this rig up and running. The family has gone through some rough patches ( Cancer ) Looking forward making this happen

IMG_20171125_125448523.jpg

IMG_20171125_125501608.jpg

These build threads always get me going. My ‘74/‘78/‘81 project sits in a bunch of tubs just like this. I spent some time in the garage sizing up what parts will be next. Keep up the good work!

Things are coming together, We have had some Great people involved and we now have all the parts we need. Kay Spector of Spector Off Road has offered and committed to help out, Georg aka @orangefj45 Valley Hybrids and Ward Harris Cruiser Brothers are also involved. I want to Thank our local parts store and Tyler from RSO Performance in San Jacinto Ca. This isnt about one person its about a community

Last edited:
It’s awesome to see the energy in finishing this build. Landcrusher909 is a true cruiser hero! In last last year and a half my daughter who this cruiser belongs to was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer and underwent surgery and radioactive iodine treatment. Shortly after I was diagnosed with the same. I went through the same surgery and treatment. Several months later I had a recurrence, had a radical neck dissection and learned I have a tougher variety of cancer. I just finished 6 and a half weeks of radiation to my lower head, neck, and upper chest. I’m now recuperating and beginning a new sweries of tests. My hopes was in all this time off work I would wrap up this build but no such luck. Rob has organized getting this thing done. We have had people I don’t know agree to show and help as well as others agree to sponsor and donate. The cruiser world is filled with a lot of great people. I will be updating this build in the next few weeks! Thanks to everyone helping!

When I started reading the thread again I started paying attention to the dates you posted.

First of all my prayers are with you and your family. I have a very important uncle who is battling a new bit of cancer and it's really hard to see that tough old man down.

Since I started my father-daughter build thread years ago we too have battled medical and psych issues (sports concussion related) and my hope is that we can also get my first cruiser minion back into it.

The Cruiser community seems like a pretty awesome place to be and I appreciate just hearing about the support you're being blessed with.

Hey Hugh - Saw Travis at the parts store not too long ago and he told me a little bit about what was going on with you. Didn't know about Taylor. That's a full plate, my friend. Let me know if you need anything. Was on MUD today for the first time in years getting some help with my rig. Thinking now it was so I'd stumble onto this thread. Godspeed...

The color was a custom mix. I’m away from home for tests and scans until the end of the week. I’m not sure if the can is still readable. I’ll check and post if I have anything. I was aiming for Pumpkin Orange.

Tay’s cruiser is loaded on the trailer to head down to Landcrusher909s. I’ve been working on painting miscellaneous parts and cleaning the last of what I have anytime I have energy and time. Sprayed undercoater under the front fenders today. My son came and put on the body mount kit so we can push this thing around a whole lot easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom