New American Built Adrenalin Off-Road Camper (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@ TRex80. Thanks! Some interesting contrasts there to think about.

Cool trailer!

How much does it weigh? May have missed it in your write up.

1400# Dry, 2200# with 20gal water, 20lb propane, all extra annexes, 2 pack-n-plays, fire wood for 2 days, clothes for 4, folding table and broom.

Interior Photos by request!

This is the main section. Aoth under bed and above bed areas are accessible through the back door. Above the bed has extra storage because the canvas only occupies about the first 1.5 feet on each side. There is room left for bags or chairs or whatever. There are 2 small cubbies on each side too. This is where I plan on mounting electronics and storing spare parts.
D7K_3627.jpg

One complete room. The camper comes with 2. They can be installed one on each side or both on one side.
D7K_3624.jpg

D7K_3626.jpg

View of both rooms
D7K_3630.jpg

Outside again, one complete room and one open room.
D7K_3636.jpg

After setting the whole thing up once in Montrose I think the camper can be set up as configured above in about 1 hour. It is 1 minute for the basic opening of the main compartment, 15 minutes per side and another 30 to set up all of the stuff like tables, chairs, cots etc.

Jon- The trailer looks sweet! Any chance you could take a video of the basic set up and take down of the main compartment?

NorCal Cruiser said:
Jon- The trailer looks sweet! Any chance you could take a video of the basic set up and take down of the main compartment?

Thanks. A video is in the works. I plan on doing one on my next camping trip.

Ok I need an edumacation on Aussie/American economy. My understanding is that the Au dollar is worth ~$1.05 US. So a $10,000 product would cost $10,500 over here. Add shipping, customs etc for a large product and you soon get to 15,000. Your math does not make sense to me. Please explain. Maybe our dollar goes farther now because of the recession? Maybe some normal house hold products will help for comparison?

Milk: $2:85/gal
Gas: 2:79/gal
Movie ticket: $9
US median income $26,364
US median household income $51,413
Starbucks venti Carmel machiato. $4:50

:D

Wow, your gas is only $2.79? Ours is about $4.05:
Costco Gas Prices - Find the Lowest Gas Prices at Costco Gas Stations in San Diego, California

Great thread. I've been doing business in Australia for 12 years & never could understand why their style of outback trailers have never made it over here. This is the first one I've seen, and if it is built to the standards of it's Aussie counterparts, you are going to get years & years of use out of it. Aus vs US is a bit different---for a large % of their society it is "normal" to have a walkabout---take a year off & caravan around the country. That they are geographically the size of the US, with 1/20th the population, 95% of whom live within 1 hour of a coast, that leaves A LOT of open territory in the middle to explore, almost none with facilities/paved roads. Their campers are built to take a serious, serious beating & come back for more. Dust proof & water proof are just the starting points. And they hold their value ridiculously well (as do LC's & all utes there). A 10 year old trailer similar to your Adrenline will sell for about 70% of new---not bad depreciation. FWIW there is probably a good business opportunity to import our campers back to Oz---a Coleman E3 recently sold there for $20k....problem in Oz is that the door is on the "wrong" side so registering it in certain states is problematic. I'm currently doing the same evaluations you were on your Fleetwood Evolution vs RTT vs bug-out custom build. While a $20k trailer is out of my comfort level right now, its good to know there is a market for this sort of thing here. Currently I'm leaning toward importing an Aussie made tent that will fit on a converted M101 trailer. Cost on them is about $2500 shipped, plus the export tax rebate just about pays for the shipping/import costs. With 2 kids & 2 dogs, and the wife not about to let the 2 < 6 y.o. girls sleep in their own tent, I need a bigger option than what is available in the states now. Enjoy your trailer!

Currently I'm leaning toward importing an Aussie made tent that will fit on a converted M101 trailer. Cost on them is about $2500 shipped, plus the export tax rebate just about pays for the shipping/import costs. With 2 kids & 2 dogs, and the wife not about to let the 2 < 6 y.o. girls sleep in their own tent, I need a bigger option than what is available in the states now. Enjoy your trailer!

Kinda like this ?

Well I've been out for quite sometime but was able to get out for a long weekend last weekend. Me and My 100 series and Adrenalin, A friend in his 80 and a home-built that was originally owned by the venerable Bill Burke and a third friend in his V10 Sportsmobile. We traveled the flat tops area of the White Rive National Forest in Colorado on some roads that have probably seen few if any trailers. All vehicles and trailers performed beyond my expectations and my love for my Adrenalin increased even more. Here are a few pics, I'll be posting a set up video very soon that has been requested by several people.

114.jpg

200.jpg

122.jpg

123.jpg

More pics from my friend Glenn. I'll try to replace these will high res pics eventually.

IMG_4722.jpg

IMG_4732.jpg

IMG_4738.jpg

IMG_4744.jpg

IMG_4758.jpg

IMG_4797.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg

IMG_4809.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

Last edited:
Took the Adrenalin to the FJ Summit this week. Camped on FS land out of town up a steep, washed out road. The light weight (~1,400 lbs with all of our crap) of the camper really helped make the drive up to camp very easy. It rained HARD one night and we stayed completly dry in the camper and under the awning. A little rain fell on the kitchen partially due to there not being much overhang from the Awning. I would like to see the option to add some additional side awnings in the event that I didn't want to set up the walls. The memory foam bed has proven to be fairly hard for our tastes, we remidies that by adding a 2" memory foam topper from BB&B which fit great and made it super comfortable. The other minor complaint I have is the lack of exterior power availability. I wanted to hook up some lights to the outside of the camper but the only one outlet in on the inside near the bed. More power connectivity out of the box would be really nice. Other than those very minor complaints I Can say enough about the performance of the camper.

018.jpg

019.jpg

385.jpg

2296.jpg

3656.jpg

The memory foam bed has proven to be fairly hard for our tastes, we remidies that by adding a 2" memory foam topper from BB&B which fit great and made it super comfortable.

Most memory foams are pretty temp sensitive. We have a heated mattress pad on the bed in our home for the winter. That softens it up pretty good in addition to keeping us warm.

Finally did a quick setup video showing the ease and speed of setup of the basic configuration. Enjoy.

You had that open and ready to go in the same time it would take me to get the cover off of my RTT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom