New 100 series Cryiser owner from Iowa (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Glad to find such a great forum. Past 2 vehicles were a 08 4Runner and 11 4Runner trail.
Picked up a beautiful 2000 LC with all its previous maintenance records.
145k on the clock.
Look forward to learning from all of you about this beautiful beast.
First on the to do list are new shocks and struts, as it has the originals.

Quick question, is it okay to use ethanol blended gas in these engines? I live in Iowa and it is hard to find 91 octane w/o ethanol.
Thanks!

IMG_1796.JPG

IMG_1797.JPG

IMG_1798.JPG

IMG_1801.JPG

IMG_1802.JPG

Welcome to the forum, thats a great looking rig! These trucks will burn 85e, but i prefer to run 85 100%. Octane doesnt matter. These are the same engines that came in the sequoias, tundras, 4runner, etc.

Welcome to the forum, thats a great looking rig! These trucks will burn 85e, but i prefer to run 85 100%. Octane doesnt matter. These are the same engines that came in the sequoias, tundras, 4runner, etc.
Thx, I had seen in the car manual they recommend 91 premium. States the engine may knock w/lower octane?

Thx, I had seen in the car manual they recommend 91 premium. States the engine may knock w/lower octane?
Its been discussed to death on the forum and is still a matter of opinion. Truth is that 50% or more of 100 owners run 85 and have no issues. Just do what you prefer, which for me is saving money on gas. More money saved = more mods :D Its a vehicle designed for durability and travel in all locations around the world.

Edit: If you wanna read around circles:
What octane do you run?

Its been discussed to death on the forum and is still a matter of opinion. Truth is that 50% or more of 100 owners run 85 and have no issues. Just do what you prefer, which for me is saving money on gas. More money saved = more mods :D Its a vehicle designed for durability and travel in all locations around the world.

Edit: If you wanna read around circles:
What octane do you run?
Thx for the link!

Nice ride!

Where at in Iowa? My wife is from Galva, Iowa....we go up every year or so.

Congrats! Sorry you didn't have a chance to pull those running boards off before your wife realized they existed ;)

Nice rig...very clean and looks to be well maintained. FWIW I refuse to put premium in mine and it seems to do just fine.

Nice vehicle and welcome to 'Mud.

What are your plans for it?

One little thing I like that is hard to see is the window tint is a bronze or tan color. It looks black from the outside but let's in a nice bronze color from the sun. Goes well with the tan interior.

Great looking Cruiser, my wife is an Iowa girl too. We get back to the Des Moines area a few times a year. I am a sucker for a black Cruiser but I would HATE driving that thing on the gravel roads in Iowa. Have fun with it, they are great vehicles. FWIW, I run whatever I can find in my area that is cheap for gas. Never had an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom