Need FJ60 Fuel Pick up assembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
So my brake issue is solved (thanks to the folks in that other thread) and as I was putting the rear tires back on I smelled a strong gas smell... sure enough, the fuel pick up hard lines at the top of the tank are all rotted out. (I dropped the tank already to verify)

Anyone have one they can overnight to me? I have one on order from my local dealer but arrival is TBD at the moment....

IMG_20170424_200637931.jpg

Lol. You're going to Moab in a couple of days, right?

What have you been doing all winter?

Good luck, I'd send one if I had a spare.

The rust you North East guys deal with is unbelievable.

:cheers:

You're gonna get off easy, compared to FJ62. No longer available new in US, used part is $325.

That's Nasty!

For those prices...Make one!

3/8" thick Aluminum disc, drill and tap for thread in Push-Loc adapters and extend hard pipes into tank to match stock.

Just an idea.

Good luck Mark. When that happened to my truck I put in a whole new tank.

Dude my 86 minitruck had the same exact issue. Beno sent me a new one for 37 bucks. Maybe you should inquire with him about one.

Beno had nothing that he could get immediately.
Have one on order with my local toyota dealer.
Have one on order with overnight, early delivery from cruiserparts.net. (I know they have gotten a bad rep lately but I have always been happy with them. I was VERY specific on the phone, spoke with Bill 4 times... I am cautiously hopeful.)

I got all of the screws out of the old unit without any breaking: PB Blaster, downward smacks with a phillips screwdriver and hammer (thanks @FJ40Jim ), smacked the plate horizontally a few dozen times... all of this may have helped, or maybe not. But I got 1 out with a phillips by hand, one with a 18v impact screw gun and the rest with small vicegrips!

Cleaned up the area and hit it with Rust Reformer, paint later...

So far....

I had good experience with cruiser parts in the past. Used them cause they are closer to us here in the ne. I hope u get what u need quick.

Brand new OEM part arrived as scheduled from cruiserparts.net (Thanks again Bill)

Installed it, got the tank back in the truck (a PITA doing it by myself, in my driveway, in the drizzling rain). All hooked back up and....

...the truck runs with no spillage detected.

I just might make it to Moab yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom