NEED: 97 LX Alarm Removal Details (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dissent

Questioning my life choices...
Threads
I'll be replacing my OEM alarm on my 97 LX (not 96 LC) next month and I've not come across a solid posting on how to remove the VIP RS3000 alarm from a 97 LX. I've seen quite a bit regarding removal of various alarms from 96 and ealier LC's but there's some differences in the harnesses. I haven't dug into the harness in the truck but I only have a day to tackle it so I want to be prepped. I've done quite a few alarm installs so I'm not concerned about figuring it out but I won't have much time do deal with it.

Anyone have a solid reference to removing the VIP RS3000 from an LX?

The TIS 1997 Electrical Wiring Diagram would be my first point of reference. A 2-day, $15 subscription is sufficient to download the entire vehicle FSM.
https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInf..._url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.techinfo.toyota.com%2F

From personal experience, I'd search both the section on the interior (or wherever Lexus has the alarm stashed) and the "ALL" category. These two sometimes return different results.

use google to search mud. Just type "Ih8mud" then whatever your looking for.

Factory Alarm Removal

Thanks, I've used that approach and the Mud search as well but keep coming up with '96 Land Cruiser alarm removals. I'm looking specifically for a '97 Lexus LX removal as the wiring is slightly different. The link you posted is for a '96 LC. I validated against the OP's profile page.

I removed my 97 LX alarm without a diagram (at the time) and remember it being quite easy. IIRC the body harness is designed for an alarm so everything was modular.. no repairing cutting or splicing. Everything had obvious plugs and patch cables that were easily removed.

Well that would be awesome. I plan to repurpose the harness and bury the alarm if possible. I'll have to accommodate for the remote start and what not but no biggie.

In that case you probably will need a diagram to know exactly which wires control the start interrupt relay and stuff like door locks.

1997 LX start/ignition EWD

97startignition.jpg

97 LX theft deterrent EWD pages 1 and 2

97LXtheftdetpage1.jpg

97LXtheftdetpage2.jpg

Thanks!

There's a thread called, something like, factory alarm removal and viper install. I used it and I was done in <30 minutes. '97 LX450.

That's the thread that started me down this path. It looks spot on but the OP's truck is a '96 LX. Post #80 states the following:

"I know the OP doesn't have any info on a 97 but I thought I would revive the thread and hopefully shed some light on the differences. I am currently installing a viper remote start/alarm into my 97 land cruiser that does have the factory alarm. So far I have found that my RS3000 harness doesn't have the 12 pin main connector. It did have the T connector for the ignition so that was a pretty easy one to tap into. There are a couple of smaller connectors that connect in the cavity that leads to the wiring for the drivers door. None of the wires for the locks/windows/dome lights, etc match the 96 EWD. It looks like I will have to have a shop finish what I have started but will post my findings to hopefully help out someone with a 97 in the future."

That's when I started searching and couldn't find anything on a '97 LX alarm removal thread. If I could afford to have the truck down for awhile I'd start digging into it but I don't have the time.

I plan on some other mods during the alarm install so I can't have a shop do it for me, besides, I'd never be satisfied with their work anyway. :alien:

Don't look at any of the install info in that thread. I used the removal directions and it was 100% spot on for my '97. Seriously took <30 minutes from very start to completely finished.
Btw, you still owe me that beer! :rofl:

Awesome, I didn't know you used that thread for your removal. :p Anytime, thank you and Cheers! :beer:

edit: I just reread you post that said you used it....gotta stop reading on that phone screen. :rofl:

Anyone try to integrate a keyless entry with push button start on an 80? I am looking at aftermarket systems and considering complete removal of the RS3000.

Anyone try to integrate a keyless entry with push button start on an 80? I am looking at aftermarket systems and considering complete removal of the RS3000.

That's exactly what I'm pursuing. Honestly removing the entire RS3000 should be pretty simple. Just follow each wire and remove it carefully then ensure the starter works. That would be a great education around where things were tied in and help validate wire color codes, etc. I'm pushing mine off until it gets really hot next month...or August...need to get the boy tires for his truck first. :rolleyes:

Hey Bloc,

Do you have the rest of this PDF? I'm looking for the connector for the Piezo buzzer and hoping the next page looks something like this:
View attachment 2701650
Thanks
I won’t have access to the computer all of that stuff was on for a couple days.. send me a PM as a reminder and I’ll see whether I still do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom