My turbo charging results (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

???

I don't think that it is needed. There is a good 3" of clearance plus the hood has the insulation still on it. Maybe in the summer I can check more but I don't think it is required just yet.

Tyler

arnott1t said:
I don't think that it is needed. There is a good 3" of clearance plus the hood has the insulation still on it. Maybe in the summer I can check more but I don't think it is required just yet.

Tyler

Oooo :oops: good to know that you have the hood insulation ..

Thanks for the writeup.

diesel power

that is a sweet conversion for sure, lucky canadians got all the diesel cruisers.

That intake ducting looks like it rode the short bus to school, you could make it way cleaner and flow better. If it were me doing it I would use 3" or 2.5" tube, get rid of the stock intake tube coming off the top of the airbox, weld an elbow into the hole left behind (opening pointing toward us), one elbow over the side of the air cleaner box pointing down, and one elbow coming off of the turbo pointing up. Just neck it down where it connects to the turbo.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=52792&stc=1&d=1137541565
134_3442.GIF
134_3442.GIF

nice pic

Thats sort of what i plan on. I want to use the stock airbox un modded though. I though I would run the outlet perp. to the inlet of the turbo then elboe down ward and again back towards the turbo then into it..... Like this....

1111.jpg

As you can see by my highly technical drawing I should get atleast another

100HP

And it might leave room for some power steering stuff......

Thanks,
Tyler

This is how I did mine on my BJ42...

Not pretty but it does work. You have to make sure you have a very good hose. On mine the darn PS pump and res is right in the way. I am still trying to figure out a better setup.

Cheers,

Michael
Bj42turboinlet.jpg

Steel

My hope is that it will all be steel other than the two short sections of hose used to connect it to the airbox and turbo. Wait and see. I'm going to pick fittings yp tommorow for the weekend

Tyler,

Why don't you want to mod the stock airbox at all? I understand if you want to keep the look of the tube being ribbed like that it does look pretty cool, but I think that with some small mods it would look and flow better. I would cut the stock tube off right after the rib like this....and then elbow down into the turbo

Also, look at where the tube bolts down the the airbox and how it sinks down in the middle (in arnott's last photo), I would cut out that circle where it dips down and weld sheetmetal in so the top of the intake tube is just flat there (hope that makes sense)
Bj42turboinlet.jpg

you could also grab a PS pump from a mini, one with a remote reservoir. Might make your setup easier.... but pretty spendy mod to eliminate $10 worth of hose.

Pretty sure a couple years ago when I had my turbo set up installed in Vancouver, the guy cut the intake and moved it back to create a smoother run.

As pictured earlier.

Toyoland66 said:
Why don't you want to mod the stock airbox at all? I understand if you want to keep the look of the tube being ribbed like that it does look pretty cool, but I think that with some small mods it would look and flow better. I would cut the stock tube off right after the rib like this....and then elbow down into the turbo

Also, look at where the tube bolts down the the airbox and how it sinks down in the middle (in arnott's last photo), I would cut out that circle where it dips down and weld sheetmetal in so the top of the intake tube is just flat there (hope that makes sense)

Right that would be tlcruiserman's photo, and I am planning on redoing it, the picture does not show how close everthing is, and how the the bends are really tight.

Michael

The Good and The Bad

Well here is some pics of the snorkel finished off
Pics033.jpg

Pics034.jpg

And here are some pics of the piece I fabbed up to clean up the intake stuff
Pics036.jpg

Pics035.jpg

and the Design..
1111.jpg

And here is a pic of the truck that we spun a bearing in. It sucks big time. Now I'm looking for a rebuild kit for the 2F. The crappy thing is that the motor only has 23000 miles. Hardly due for a rebuild. But it sat for 15 years so... thats probably what screwed it up.

Pics030.jpg

Pics029.jpg

Pics028.jpg

Where is the best spot to buy a kit and how much???

Thanks,
Tyler

The snorkel isn't plastic. Its all metal. I bought std pipe fittings. welded them to pipe and ground everything fludh. Turned out pretty seamless. I like the fact that it also doubles as a roll bar since its so heavy....

Tyler

Truck one day will be a resto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom