my "new" 1984 bj42 Miss dirty blue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the blue one is English/French - if I recall my '84 BJ60 had a blue manual (though there was not much left of it!)

Ah blue cover on the Owners Manual signifies french language ... That makes sense..

And a green cover seem to be "english language with diesel models covered" whereas orange cover seems to be "english language without diesel coverage (or USA market mainly)"...... maybe...:hmm:

Here are the pics you asked ,nothing visible ,probably some metal insert ,my 77 is doorless so i never install the stop.
Drill the hole the right size to tap some thread ,if its just glass and no insert then you need nuts and washer and extra flexible fingers
i think the pilar need some additional support maybe an angle iron from the floor to under the dash.

P1030268.JPG
P1030274.JPG

Beautiful 42! I also have a Gozzard tub on my BJ42 that I am in the process of restoring. I would love to see a picture of how the front door stops were installed. Can you take a picture up close of the front and back of the door stop. Specifically how it is mounted from the rear of the door frame?

Last edited:
i think it is time for an update , after 1 1/2 year of driving " miss dirty blue "
i got constant 22-23 mpg or 10L/100k, i like the relax feeling of driving a diesel , if i want a fast drive i just take my chevota fj40

things i've done since the last time

1- new tie rod end
2-new glowplugs and Wilson switch
3-hand throttle
4-new brake MC
5-rust repair and painting
i just finish the rust repair and color change , it was suppose to be a quick job :rofl: , i start the process in the first week of october and today i just finish the paint on the tub , so i will put it back together in the next weeks

i have a lots of pics of the work i have done to show you in the next few days
the color i want is cadet blue but my paint store can not find the mix recipe, so i look for something close

i like the RAF blue and arles blue from land rover , also like the dodge ram ceramic blue , but it end up with a ppg universal code , it is kind of a dirty blue :cool:

you can see in the pics below , cadet blue , raf blue , ceramic blue and a teaser of my color

13164474_586650478171689_3252363559474570069_n.jpg
post-39696-0-23075000-1336946036 (1).jpg
20160708_190916.jpg
20161119_124545.jpg

Great color choice! I've always liked that subdued blue.:beer: You,re going to go:eek: when you tear into that rear header.

Last edited:
Love that blue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom