My FJ60 Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, really nice truck. I like your inner panels. Could you post a couple of pics and a bit more information on the material you used.
As a segway, have you ever heard of 'Boomershoot'?
I'm up for the 4X4 Labs rear bumper and sliders, they really look good.

That is a pretty neat little switch panel!! Is the "In/Out" switch a momentary rocker or is it an "On-Off-On" style switch? Also, what sort of hardware are you using to attach your rear panels to the body? Nutcerts etc? They look sweet anyway!!:beer: Also, what is the little "TEQ" thingy in the dash - looks like a coin holder or beer opener - I'm really hoping for the latter!!!!

It's a cb handset holder, I think it's either slee or cruisercrap...checking

Here we go...gamiviti
Gamiviti - custom mic holders

Ahh burst my bubble whydontcha!!!!:p

And do I take it that by looking at your avatar that you are coming back across to the greener side of the fence Trapper50cal??

Gents,

Thanks for the kind comments.

Hey I'm in the process of building some rear panels like yours an I was wondering, it looks like your panel lids are a separate piece... Did you make them or buy them?

Made them myself.

Wow, really nice truck. I like your inner panels. Could you post a couple of pics and a bit more information on the material you used.

Used 1/8" ABS Plastic.

That is a pretty neat little switch panel!! Is the "In/Out" switch a momentary rocker or is it an "On-Off-On" style switch? Also, what sort of hardware are you using to attach your rear panels to the body? Nutcerts etc? They look sweet anyway!!:beer: Also, what is the little "TEQ" thingy in the dash - looks like a coin holder or beer opener - I'm really hoping for the latter!!!!

In/Out switch is momentary.

Hardware used to attach cargo panels:

Auveco 15752 U Nuts
#10 Screw Size Spring Type U Nuts Qty (50) [15752] - $10.12 : NutsandBolts.com
#10 x 1" Oval Head Phillips Stainless Sheet Metal Screws (Home Depot)
#10 Stainless Finishing Washers (Home Depot)
Screw grommets. Used just one of these for each side. They can be seen in the next pics near the hole for the cable harness. Had to square the round hole using a hand file.
Screw Grommet 18mm Head 17mm Length

Here are some pics of the area prepared before panel installation…

Passenger side.
IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

Driver side. Note only removed (drilled) one of the cross bars.
IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

Bomar Inspection Hatch- inside view.
IMG_1696.jpg

Sweet truck!

I may have missed it in the write up, but what does the vent/air filter go to by your gas tank fill tube?

thank you so much for your detail and pics! I just recently received a 87 land cruiser and the mods you are making are fantastic thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise! I hope to do half as good a job on mine! Thanks for setting the bar!!!!

What did you use for inside window sweepers? Cause you have no upper piece to the door panel. Some guys use them from other Toyota''s, what did you do?

thank you so much for your detail and pics! I just recently received a 87 land cruiser and the mods you are making are fantastic thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise! I hope to do half as good a job on mine! Thanks for setting the bar!!!!

Your kind words are much appreciated. Good luck with your build. The most important part of it is to have fun as you build...

What did you use for inside window sweepers? Cause you have no upper piece to the door panel. Some guys use them from other Toyota''s, what did you do?

I have not figure it out yet. The front passenger window glass rattles a bit in the up position... But I have no A/C, so most of the time it rides down.

Got more pics!

A few pics of the truck just before the paint job.
IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

New hood heat/sound liner. Got the material at PepBoys and used the old liner as a template. Used new retainer clips (Auveco, sorry dont have the number). The new clips are almost identical to OEM, but a bit wider in diameter.
IMG_1846.jpg

New 555 TRE's and DIY aligment job (toe in). Painted the bars and used new grade 8 hardware. One of the best mods ever!
IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

New WARN M8000

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

I understand that the feet screws are just to hold the winch in place... but I cant conceive why WARN uses grade 5 hardware... Easily fixed with a trip to the local bolt and fasteners store...
IMG_1850.jpg

Electrical rat nest... 12V Guy Dual Batt & Winch Control.
IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

Next pics:
De-chrome job
DiamondRax Safari Rack

Last edited:
this thing is looking soooo good:clap::clap:

De-Chrome Job.

Windshield seal is SOR one piece/no chrome. I have to admit I was skeptical at first when I got it. No leaks as of today. Now Im a believer.
IMG_1926.jpg

Cargo windows have the OEM seal with new welt. Precision WLS466.
IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

Removed the hideous chrome from the doors and replaced the outside window weather strips.

Part numbers:
68180-90A01 Rear
68230-90A01 Rear
68160-90A02 Front
68210-90A02 Front

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom