Builds My build thread - Rapido XL..... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad to see someone else with R/Ts.

I have them in the 37" variety, and love them. Huge improvement over the Trail Grapplers they replaced.

Glad to see someone else with R/Ts.

I have them in the 37" variety, and love them. Huge improvement over the Trail Grapplers they replaced.

Hey there Andrew.

Can you expand on your thoughts comparing the R/Ts vs the Trail Grapplers? When I get my front bumper, I'll be looking to go to a 34" or so, and I'm interested. ;)

Hey there Andrew.

Can you expand on your thoughts comparing the R/Ts vs the Trail Grapplers? When I get my front bumper, I'll be looking to go to a 34" or so, and I'm interested. ;)

Much less road noise, and much much less wear.

So - might need bigger brakes.... or to change my driving habits.... KIA cut across and then locked up.... 18 wheeler on one side.... rail on the other... light hit but it's moving the bumper up to the front of the list....

Also got a pile of other goodies - still waiting on the Prinsu rack - with no response to my emails ......

11.11.16 Iphone -accident 003.JPG
iphone 11.13.16 002.JPG
iphone 11.13.16 003.JPG
iphone 11.13.16 004.JPG
iphone 11.13.16 007.JPG

Is it just the photo, or did your quarter-panel-to-hood gaps open up?

Bhicks makes the TEQ emblem - it's replacing the Jalepeno on the rear....I found it on ebay but I think he's on here as well.

yes - the fenders are splayed out.... adjuster looked at it this morning, and I'm dropping her off at my trusted shop tomorrow....

debating some venting of the hood down the two side raised panels while they've got it in there..... thinking with a Sc'er heat reduction would be good, especially being in TX..... ARP makes a 20" X 4.5" set of CF ones that I ordered up to test fit...

So - might need bigger brakes.... or to change my driving habits.... KIA cut across and then locked up.... 18 wheeler on one side.... rail on the other... light hit but it's moving the bumper up to the front of the list....

Also got a pile of other goodies - still waiting on the Prinsu rack - with no response to my emails ......

View attachment 1351554 View attachment 1351555 View attachment 1351556 View attachment 1351557 View attachment 1351558
What are you plans for exhaust system past the headers? Love your grill choice btw... planning to head in a similar direction.

I purchased the same TEQ badge and will be using it to replace the Jalepeno on the rear as well. I painted the silver embossed letters white to match my LC and just finished clear coating it. Will be mounting this weekend.

Those look BA!!! I've been wanting to do the BHLM to my OEM lights but haven't found anyone whose done them yet? Concerned the Depots will fail over time. Interested to hear your thoughts.

I had depots on my last two rigs and both have held up well - I'm still in touch with the owner my old 40th and Rapido jr..... agree it's a rish but someone's gotta pioneer this stuff !

So in that spirit I decided that if they're going to work on the nose I'd prepare for the supercharger with some heat reduction ..... I had a slightly smaller version of these on my old built RS6 and they did a great job at reducing underhood temps.... if I wasn't in Texas I might worry about the elements, but....

these will go into the raised section down the sides of the hood perfectly..... I resisted doing a hood scoop.....for now...

@Mogwai - going to have a mandrel bent system fabbed up by the only shop locally that has the machinery.... I've got Burns Stainless mufflers inbound that we'll start with and try to hold it up high in 3" from the muffler back.....hoping to have that done in early Dec.

2016-11-15_1327.png

A guy had a scoop from a 3rd Gen 4Runner Sport grafted into the hood of his FJC and made functional. THAT would be the way to go...awesome looks, still Toyota...and now is the time!

Just pulled the trigger on the Dobinson front bumper - going to need to have the shop cut out some holes to mount some Baja Design driving lights and fogs....... and then paint patch it....

and so the waiting begins -again.....suspect I'll be lucky to get her back before Turkeyday....

Looking forward to view the finished product.

DEFINITELY want to hear those headers!

Nose job in progress...... hood is cutting trimmed and wrapped while we wait for the bumper to arrive Monday.... gonig to test fit it and do some custom foglight mount and then get it Pc'ed.....

11.18.16 003.JPG

Nose job in progress...... hood is cutting trimmed and wrapped while we wait for the bumper to arrive Monday.... gonig to test fit it and do some custom foglight mount and then get it Pc'ed.....

View attachment 1353507
Fellow Houstonian here. Which shop / dealer can you recommend? My experiences so far have been very poor.

Victor at Masters has always been great for me - it's not glamorous but he did all the trim and misc stuff on my E63 and RS6 plus the 100 - all exactly as I wanted and really reasonably priced....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom