My 79 to 75 bed conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting. I'm curious @coldtaco why you moved the spare tire holder to the right side? All of them in the middle east are on the left side although I have seen a few with two in the bed but I assume they added the extra one on the right.

Here is a better picture of where I took the 19 1/4 measurements from. This is looking from the front floor cross member to the front cross member in the wheel wells, look for the blue tape in the shade.

View attachment 1467401

View attachment 1467402
The cross member in the bottom picture is the front one in the wheel well. The first picture is the front cross member looking back to the cross front cross member in the wheel well. Does that make sense? Problem is I don’t remember where I hooked the tape measure, I am guessing the hook on the tape measure is on the aft side of the cross member in the bottom picture and the 19 1/4 is at the front side of the front cross member in the upper picture. That make sense?

Interesting. I'm curious @coldtaco why you moved the spare tire holder to the right side? All of them in the middle east are on the left side although I have seen a few with two in the bed but I assume they added the extra one on the right.
Because the bed was from a lhd truck and mine is a rhd truck. The proper mounting is to minimize rear view blockage I am guessing.

You mentioned that if you did it again, you would shorten it 1/4 more. So, my question is first off, should I cut off 4 1/4 inch then, or what measurement would you do if you did it again?

I guess it depends on how much space you want between the cab and front of the bed. As it is there is barely space for me to slide my fingers between the two so might be harder to clean there or run stuff(wiring) between the two without rubbing the panels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom