Builds My '78 FJ40 "44" (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good luck Danny!

Can't wait for you to be back with daBoise out in the backcountry!

Thanks Nolen!!

I visited with the surgeon's PA today and preregistered at the hospital... I go in at 9am, surgery scheduled for 11am... could move up... could be delayed... actual procedure takes about an hour, but, I'll be inpatient until late Wed afternoon.

But, the PA told us today that I am not to do anything that involves bouncing around, for the next three months... so, any off road activity is out... I'll be able to drive 44, in one hour periods with 10 minute rest periods, after the first month... but, that means Dianna has to be convinced... may be an impossibility.

But, realistically, I need to be very careful not to do anything that degrades the ability to fuse the vertebrae... so, that means "be very careful" and "be very patient"... and "be very prudent"... which does not come naturally to me... so, it sounds like this fall will be comprised of resting and walking, resting and walking... slowing increasing distance and duration... and a lot of reading.

Oh well, as long as I come out of this with the ability to be fairly whole again and work my way back to my level of fitness and activity...

I know what you mean. You being a SMSgt probably doesn't help matters either, be easy on'em man. Just remember the better you follow the Dr.'s instructions the better off you will be.

I know what you mean. You being a SMSgt probably doesn't help matters either, be easy on'em man. Just remember the better you follow the Dr.'s instructions the better off you will be.

That ain't the half of it!! I've been married to General-Doctor Dianna for 46 years... I have to tread very lightly!!

Wishing you well today Danny....:)

I'd say we're on pins and needles waiting to hear the good word, but Danny's the one with the pins and needles.

We're thinking about you dude.

Good to hear you've made it through surgery. Now comes the part I didn't like, being housebound. Fortunately you're going to be able to move around much easier--soon. Keeping you in my prayers.

Don

Hope they give you plenty really good pain meds.

Oh Nolen, if you only knew...:confused:

:grinpimp:

I haven't been this high since my disc collapsed!! :cool:

Good to hear you've made it through surgery. Now comes the part I didn't like, being housebound. Fortunately you're going to be able to move around much easier--soon. Keeping you in my prayers.

Don

Thanks Don!!

I'll get thru it, with a lot of books!! :D

The main thing is - you woke up! Good luck in your rehab.

Thanks Roger!!

This new way is so much easier than what you guys went thru!!

It was supposed to be 1 hour... I was in there 4 hours. But. It was a complete success. I have zero pain... Just a backache, from laying in bed. I've gotten up and walked twice.

But, I'm still high, from the procedure and my left leg is pretty numb... From the hip to the toes... And my two largest toss kn my right foot are pretty numb. They say it with clear... If it doesn't, I can definitely live with numbness, but no pain!!

We'll see what the pain level is tomorrow.

No rehab with this procedure... Just be VERY careful unTil the fusion is complete... 3-6 months.

I hope you have a quick recovery.

Thanks Brother!! I 'preciate it!!

Damn! Your already walking? SOB, that's freaking awesome. Damn they have came a long way.

This surgeon has done thousands of these laminectomies and hundreds of bone-growth fusions.

They the back, so, laparoscopic and noninvasive to the organs.

No bone graft... No hip surgery... Much better than it used to be!!

I'm glad everything went so well. I shouldn't be keeping you, get some rest man.

This surgeon has done thousands of these laminectomies and hundreds of bone-growth fusions.

They the back, so, laparoscopic and noninvasive to the organs.

No bone graft... No hip surgery... Much better than it used to be!!

I sure wish that my surgeon had been able to do a non-invasive surgery. But, when you are fishing for abscesses you can't stop digging until you find all of them critters. Needless to say, I'm really glad that you were able to get by with a reasonably easy surgery.

Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom