Builds My '78 FJ40 "44" (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took the boys out the other day and saw some pretty skies. Then it got cold, as a squall came over the ridge, and we had snow & sleet on the way back down... but, it was sunny again by the time we reached 44.

5F18EA78-6498-4FC8-996F-8708AC9C44A4.png
B6F6C15D-2103-4C9B-A20A-CA674DEE000E.png
F9A997EC-9F32-41FC-803D-CBBD1633378C.png
362FD532-2677-47A8-B14B-98760A31BF80.png
93658292-B7E5-4DC2-846B-245475C41D76.png

I love your work Michael... I just do t get to look at your thread as often as I like.

Keep it up!!
Thanks Danny, it is always nice to know people apreciate you taking the time to document and post stuff.

WAIT a minute!!! You changed your screen name ... you had me thinking I lost it

Reading your thread I’m thinking how can I miss a thread with 144 pages

Then I’m like I know this truck

Then I see my posts

I am feeling better now

It’s going to take me awhile to get caught up lol

Yeah (@Johnny C ), it’s part of growing old... both Parker and Gunner are only with me, in memory... and even those are fading somewhat... and on the back of 44. So, my user-id was outdated.

1A194158-E11E-457D-947A-1495EE33F3F2.jpeg

Absent my four-legged friends, I’m almost exclusively a loner and I love the “comfort” (solace) I share with my “new” boys, in “lonely, uninhabited places” (solitude)... hence the user-id.

My boys: Chester (4yrs), left.. Teddy (16mos), right... Always with me.

F12552E1-48E5-41E1-A5A1-53C938BB7667.jpeg

We’ve lost a few MUDders, I thought you were another... I’m real glad you aren’t!!

:cheers:

You have cute kids ... however I do not want to see their mom ... no offense :meh:

:)

I’m feeling older because of those who are getting older around me ... if people just stop this acting old stuff I can get back to doing my own thing ... like watching the rust flake off the cruiser

Watching the tar pitch drip

Fun stuff like that

It’s great to catch up on your thread ... however I’m still several pages behind lol

You have cute kids ... however I do not want to see their mom ... no offense :meh:

:)

I’m feeling older because of those who are getting older around me ... if people just stop this acting old stuff I can get back to doing my own thing ... like watching the rust flake off the cruiser

Watching the tar pitch drip

Fun stuff like that

It’s great to catch up on your thread ... however I’m still several pages behind lol

Take your time, I’m not posting very quickly anyway.

They are cute kids, but their moms were bitches...

Couple of things...

1. I installed gas struts, to raise the hood, a while back... I’m now on my third pair of struts. These are the first struts I’ve ever bought that last less than 5 years... the first two pairs were Suspra... maybe “suspect” would be better...

2. Found some flat black knee high stockings, for my snorkel... better match than nude. FYI: I haven’t had to change my air filter for over three years now. Just pop the ram off the top and change her stockings regularly. 🆒

3. Drove up to southwest of West Wendover, NV, yesterday, to try to look at a tract of land. I knew there was an abundance of snow in the surrounding mountains. But, I didn’t know that the two approaches, over the mountains, were neither plowed. I tried both and turned around because of about 3’ of unplowed snow. I’ll go back in a couple of months.

Take your time, I’m not posting very quickly anyway.

They are cute kids, but their moms were bitches...

I just laughed out loud at this... the obviousness of it and humor at the same time.

Still loving your thread and your pics and your dogs and your truck... though the 44 pics have been lacking in the last several posts.

Glad to see new examples of your ‘poetic’ scenery 😉

Took the boys out the other day and saw some pretty skies. Then it got cold, as a squall came over the ridge, and we had snow & sleet on the way back down... but, it was sunny again by the time we reached 44.

View attachment 1870352View attachment 1870355View attachment 1870357View attachment 1870363View attachment 1870365

I grew up in the mountains, 8100' in a valley in the mountains and lived this phenomenon continually. Nice and clear, then all of a sudden clouds pop over the ridge and you get hammered until the bounce out and then nice and sunny like it never happened.

Great thread, keep posting!

I just laughed out loud at this... the obviousness of it and humor at the same time.

Still loving your thread and your pics and your dogs and your truck... though the 44 pics have been lacking in the last several posts.

Thanks Joel!! I’ll try to pose 44 more in the future.

I grew up in the mountains, 8100' in a valley in the mountains and lived this phenomenon continually. Nice and clear, then all of a sudden clouds pop over the ridge and you get hammered until the bounce out and then nice and sunny like it never happened.

Great thread, keep posting!

Thanks!!

As someone who grew up in the Imperial Valley, on the southern border of California, I spent my formative years as much south of the border as I did on the north.

The weather down there could be forecast by a single, simple graphic... hot, dry and plagued by insects.

The allergens forecast... cattleyards will spread their full bouquet today. If the wind kicks up, wear a mask or appear to be spitting Copenhagen all day and, by all means, stay well clear of the sugar beet processing plant... or, at least stay upwind.

But, I’ve experienced the phenomenon you speak of many times, while fly fishing alpine meadow streams.

On a clear, sunny day you can be sweating one moment and freezing the next... almost as though you’ve been transported to a different place!!

It’s quite fun, as long as there’s no lightning!! Lightning at altitude is quite frightening!!

Given Joel's ( @Honger ) thirst for 44 pics, I just downloaded pics from my camera and found a few that I had never downloaded... here's one of 44 and the boys... Drew ( @120mm ) might recognize this spot.

Here’s a better quality pic of my S-I-L and my campsite, in the Basin and Range National Monument... I think I posted one of these before... 44 is in it.

I don't know whether this is genuine and ancient or merely graffiti and recent... it does, however resemble me.

A hole full of dogs

Wileya, passing by, on her way to a prairie dog village... looking for food for her litter (I saw her returning home with a fresh kill a few times), in Angel Fire, NM.

Last edited:
Given Joel's ( @Honger ) thirst for 44 pics, I just downloaded pics from my camera and found a few that I had never downloaded... here's one of 44 and the boys... Drew ( @120mm ) might recognize this spot.
View attachment 1915292

Here’s a better quality pic of my S-I-L and my campsite, in the Basin and Range National Monument... I think I posted one of these before... 44 is in it.
View attachment 1915298

I don't know whether this is genuine and ancient or merely graffiti and recent... it does, however resemble me.
View attachment 1915299

A hole full of dogs
View attachment 1915303

Wileya, passing by, on her way to a prairie dog village... looking for food for her litter (I saw her returning home with a fresh kill a few times), in Angel Fire, NM.
View attachment 1915305

Boom! Thanks for thinking of me and posting good old 44. Loved the other critter photos too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom