MY 2021 Wheel spacers - anyone tried them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered some spacers from Bora a few months ago and just recently took them to a shop to be installed. They do not fit to either the wheel or the hub (fit too loose on the hub, and too tight on the wheel). Bora confirmed they were built to spec (based on their records) and that they have sold many spacers to owners of LC200's but I am the first buyer for a model year 2021.

The spacer in question is a 3/4" and I knew based on information here that the studs would need to be trimmed. Based on the spacer to hub fit (loose) we did not trim the studs or try to complete the install. Did confirm that my studs would require trimming as they stuck out quite a bit. The mechanic doing the install drives a 2018 LC and checked the fit on his, and he commented that the wheel studs were shorter and would not need to be trimmed to install on the same factory wheels. This got me thinking maybe there are changes to the 2021 model year that were not published?

Does anyone out there with a 2021 have spacers installed? If so, who made them and how do they fit?

Anyway the spacers are being shipped back, so Bora can confirm the specs... They seem very interested in making the situation right, so I am not worried about that. But I am curious if this is a model year issue or a bora issue.

I am running 1.25 inch spidertrax no problem. 2021 HE. I am skeptical that Bora would fit an 18 but not a 21.

20210516_103743.jpg

‘21 here with Spidertrax 1.25” spacers and no issues. Weird deal there, absolutely no difference on a ‘21.

‘21 here with Spidertrax 1.25” spacers and no issues. Weird deal there, absolutely no difference on a ‘21.
I agree... it is weird.

I am assuming the spidertrax are also hub centric. How tight a fit was the OD of the hub to the ID of the spacer? Any play at all?

Yes the are hub centric. There is not any play at all. The picture I posted was before I applied loctite to them and cranked them down but they fit really well.

I have about 4,000 miles on my spidertrax and have checked the torque values a couple times and they have always been in spec so I am pleased with the fit and safety so far.

Not a 2021, but I have Boras on a 2020 and no issues. They fit sung, but that’s good. I am interested to hear if there was a machining error or change to 2021 hubs. The fact that your mechanic had a2018 makes it puzzling.

Not a 2021, but I have Boras on a 2020 and no issues. They fit sung, but that’s good. I am interested to hear if there was a machining error or change to 2021 hubs. The fact that your mechanic had a2018 makes it puzzling.
They are in the mail so we should know soon enough!

Yes the are hub centric. There is not any play at all. The picture I posted was before I applied loctite to them and cranked them down but they fit really well.

I have about 4,000 miles on my spidertrax and have checked the torque values a couple times and they have always been in spec so I am pleased with the fit and safety so far.

This!

I have 10K+ miles on mine and I've checked them two or three times now with no issues.

Curious. I wonder if the 0.75" Bora has fractional MM spec differences to make them loose on hub, but tight on wheel.
I'm nerding out on spacers now (though for GX), and see many 108 bore (NOT hub centric), and many state 106 bore (hub centric), but I think technically i have 106.1mm bore.. Does this mater? not sure.
there is slight difference in wheel bore 9flange on outboard of spacer) vs inner bore for hub. i wonder if those were opposite spec not really for 200 series...

All with spidertrax are satisfied, and I think I've read a few concerns with the 0.75" boras (my preference lay in the sub 1" spacer).

thanks for sharing your experiences...

*edit*
I've noticed the wheel bore lip varies in thickness form different spacers' pix.
spidertrax (though they have many part numbers)
1631640058689.png

amazon spacer technically spec'd the same
1631640094917.png

So i wonder if the ones you have have specs just off from what you need (improperly selected from warehouse and shipped item?)
BTW, where'd you get your Bora from? There are many outlets but I can't seem to link up directly to Bora as a manufacturer...

Last edited:
I ordered some spacers from Bora a few months ago and just recently took them to a shop to be installed. They do not fit to either the wheel or the hub (fit too loose on the hub, and too tight on the wheel). Bora confirmed they were built to spec (based on their records) and that they have sold many spacers to owners of LC200's but I am the first buyer for a model year 2021.

The spacer in question is a 3/4" and I knew based on information here that the studs would need to be trimmed. Based on the spacer to hub fit (loose) we did not trim the studs or try to complete the install. Did confirm that my studs would require trimming as they stuck out quite a bit. The mechanic doing the install drives a 2018 LC and checked the fit on his, and he commented that the wheel studs were shorter and would not need to be trimmed to install on the same factory wheels. This got me thinking maybe there are changes to the 2021 model year that were not published?

Does anyone out there with a 2021 have spacers installed? If so, who made them and how do they fit?

Anyway the spacers are being shipped back, so Bora can confirm the specs... They seem very interested in making the situation right, so I am not worried about that. But I am curious if this is a model year issue or a bora issue.

They are in the mail so we should know soon enough!

I was JUST getting ready to order a set of .75" spacers for my 2021 HE, then saw this thread. Do you have any updates you can share? If it worked out, any pics? Thanks!!

I would be shocked if toyota suddenly decided to make the wheel studs longer for the last year of production. Unfortunately the 2021 parts haven't made it into the system I have access to to compare numbers.

I have a 2021 HE and put 1" Bora spacers on in July. They fit perfectly.

42A55252-4AFB-4B41-A2B8-1E7E9AD8FBF2.jpeg

6D38080D-1707-4BAA-BC5E-6F4200D00DDF.jpeg

Awesome! Any profile pics of finished product, with tires remounted? Front, side, back? What size tires are you running? Thanks!!!
I'm running Toyo AT3s in 275/70/18. Removed front mud flaps and did some slight massaging of inner front fender well to remove the slightest rubbing rubbing.

9675D0A1-D254-427A-AB2E-701F6D461705.jpeg

7C84DCCF-3E5E-431C-88BE-72CB676DB471.jpeg

FCF7B94A-54EA-4893-A96A-D384535C0111.jpeg

F88562C8-FA36-4307-9E8D-D96CD7AED7C1.jpeg

Awesome! Any profile pics of finished product, with tires remounted? Front, side, back? What size tires are you running? Thanks!!!
Here is my thread on the topic:

Here is my thread on the topic:

Super informative - thanks!

That thread mentions the rear studs being longer than the fronts. That could explain the confusion between my '21 and his '18 being different.

Still havent heard back from Bora.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom