'Mud pet memorial thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:(

Dog people get it, others don't...

Sorry, sounds like Phoebe was good girl and had a good home/.

Last edited:
Tough stuff. Never enough time.

Ryewheat... Others knew him as Bert. Inherited him from a relationship while I was in college. She had a husky mix and this cute 10 mo old shepard/collie mix when I met her. Her dog would go wheeling and camping with me out into the deserts of SE Utah even when she would not. She went off to grad school and Rye stayed with me. Almost 14 years and countless camping trips later it was time. His hips were bad and one day he just could not get up. Had to put him down. Took me 6 years to get over the loss and open my heart to a new friend. But that is another story for the Dogs Of Mud Thread.
P1010036.JPG

Losing our friends is tough, sharing helps. Don't fear moving on, Bert would want you to be happy.

We had to let go of Seamus on Christmas morning. He came to us about 2 years ago, from Sue, who has a local rescue (Az Desert Rotties) and was looking for someone to foster him before she could bail him out of a high-kill shelter in Santa Cruz county. We hadn't fostered before since our elderly female Shepard mix didn't take kindly to strangers. but she did take to Seamus right away and after a week, we knew he'd found a home. Our first vet visit was an eye opener, he had heartworm, tick fever, an enlarged heart, a deformed ribcage, was underweight and needed some rotten teeth pulled. Sue speculated that he was a street dog in Nogales, hence his condition. We got everything taken care of except the enlarged heart, which ultimately got him. Through it all, he was always a lover. He liked nothing better than curling up between us on the couch. He always met us at the door with his nub-tail wagging and a silly grin on his face. This was a tough year, loosing Simca in March and now Seamus. We're a one dog family for the first time since 1998, but we've already been planning to adopt again.

My favorite picture of him on his Halloween attire.
_DSC0248-2.jpg

Doing what he liked best
DSCN0987.jpg

Sorry for your loss, saying goodbye is the toughest part of pet ownership. Good to hear you're considering adopting. There are more good pets than good homes.

Sadly Once again my heart is crushed. I Had to do the right thing with my 4 year old rescue cat Lily and lay her to rest. It's amazing how I see death all the time at work yet a cat I've had for 2 years destroys me. The House is empty and quiet again and not the same, such a horrible feeling. RIP sweet girl.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So sorry for your loss. Kitties steal your heart in a hurry but like all pets break them in the end.

I went thru the same thing five years ago. I didn't think I could feel the same about another pet. Then the perfect rescue showed up 13 days later. She helped me heal and I provided a quiet, secure home where she could blossom into a wonderful kitty.

When you're ready hit the shelters. I promise there's another sweet girl waiting for you.

Sorry...

Animals are part of some of the best times, and some of the hardest times in our lives. But so worth our time with them

Had to put down Taffy Monday. She was close to twenty years old, an outside cat until about a year ago. She was a stray when she showed up in my back yard when she was young. I tried to scare her away but she wouldn't have it. I didn't care for cats until she showed up, but she wormed her way into our hearts. She became my best bud and was there every time I wrenched on the cruiser. I remember she would lay around my neck when it was cold and just hang out there. She actually stayed wrapp
003.JPG
ed around my neck through an entire tire rotation with an impact wrench! There's a great big hole in our house now, but great memories. Here's a pic from Halloween.

Had to put down Taffy Monday. She was close to twenty years old, an outside cat until about a year ago. She was a stray when she showed up in my back yard when she was young. I tried to scare her away but she wouldn't have it. I didn't care for cats until she showed up, but she wormed her way into our hearts. She became my best bud and was there every time I wrenched on the cruiser. I remember she would lay around my neck when it was cold and just hang out there. She actually stayed wrappView attachment 1370116 ed around my neck through an entire tire rotation with an impact wrench! There's a great big hole in our house now, but great memories. Here's a pic from Halloween.
Ahhh terrible news. Just remember you gave that stray the best life possible and she loved you back for it. Sorry for the loss, it's never easy. 20 years is an amazing life for a cat as well, she lived the good life for sure.

Thanks for giving her a good home. She obviously paid you back in spades.

It's funny, many guys say "I hate cats, but there was this one......" That's the one who warmed up to you and let her personality shine. There's plenty of great shop buddies out there in need of a good home.....

Said goodbye to Cowboy on Monday. He was 12 1/2 years old, which is OLD for a boxer. His heart had gotten bad and he "told" us he was ready. He showed my family and me lots of love. We have a 2 year old boxer, Hawthorne, who is so confused. He keeps looking for Cowboy. Our house feels empty without him. RIP old man.

IMG_0057.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom