'Mud pet memorial thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Excellent. đź‘Ť

I have one of our two Dachshunds in my lap as I type this. It is a morning ritual. After going outside to do their business, breakfast, then Maddie goes to her bed in the window seat looking out the front of the house, Gracie comes and gets in my lap as I check emails, forum updates, cruise the internet for a bit.

I love them like they were my children.

And I have the greatest respect (and understanding) for those with similar affection for their pets.

It is because of that (and personal loss) that I truly grieve when I come here and read of someone's loss. I know all too well the feeling.

But I know also the feeling of JOY, the love, happiness and fullness our pets bring into our lives. Things we can never truly repay them for.

It is well for us to fondly remember the time we were afforded with pets that have gone on.

It is understandable to feel a tinge of grief even years afterward (I do). But we should not let it consume us, our departed pets would not want for us.

And IMO it should not prevent you from finding another 'friend' to love. One just as deserving of a good life as the ones that have gone on before them.

Whenever possible....please consider a 'rescue' pet and DO look for that 'personality' above all else.
Very well said Sir !!

Excellent. đź‘Ť

I have one of our two Dachshunds in my lap as I type this. It is a morning ritual. After going outside to do their business, breakfast, then Maddie goes to her bed in the window seat looking out the front of the house, Gracie comes and gets in my lap as I check emails, forum updates, cruise the internet for a bit.

And I have the greatest respect (and understanding) for those with similar affection for their pets.

It is because of that (and personal loss) that I truly grieve when I come here and read of someone's loss. I know all too well the feeling.

But I know also the feeling of JOY, the love, happiness and fullness our pets bring into our lives. Things we can never truly repay them for.

It is well for us to fondly remember the time we were afforded with pets that have gone on.

It is understandable to feel a tinge of grief even years afterward (I do). But we should not let it consume us, our departed pets would not want for us.

And IMO it should not prevent you from finding another 'friend' to love. One just as deserving of a good life as the ones that have gone on before them.

Whenever possible....please consider a 'rescue' pet and DO look for that 'personality' above all else.
Well stated.

Excellent. đź‘Ť

This^^^

Lost one of our pack a few hours ago. Our 14 1/2 year old English Setter Timmy.

We adopted him when he was 6 after his owner passed away. He had a GREAT life with us and 5 other dogs in our pack. We miss him dearly.

IMG_20220105_182656677.jpg

IMG_20220503_092114255~2.jpg

IMG_20210904_163305877.jpg

IMG_20210904_170622137.jpg

Sorry for your loss!! seems he was very happy to have been adopted by your family

Wow, 14 1/2. What a great life you gave him.

RIP Timmy

^^^^^ đź‘Ť

Absolutely! That is a long, full life for a Large Breed. I wish they ALL could live that longer or longer.

He beat cancer TWICE when he was younger. He developed lymphoma recently and he was just given palliative care and spoiled rotten even more than normal. He was excited to hop in my truck with all his "brothers" and head out for a run at the river or to the dog park every morning. He barked and wagged his tail all the way there. We really miss him.

The vet said his breed doesn't usually live that long even when healthy so Tim was quite a tough guy. Thanks for the replies.

These eyes. . .

A couple weeks ago he drew his last breath and died at my side while I was drawing plans.
Sigh.

Pretty relieved there was no big drama, he crossed the rainbow bridge on his own, so brave. 15+ great years !!
Ullrr_lasers.jpg

These eyes. . .

A couple weeks ago he drew his last breath and died at my side while I was drawing plans.
Sigh.

Pretty relieved there was no big drama, he crossed the rainbow bridge on his own, so brave. 15+ great years !!
View attachment 3094289

So sorry to hear of your loss. All of us here know the heartache.

Thank You for loving your special friend and giving him the best life he could have for the all those years.

I truly believe WE benefit from the relationship more than they do. The joy and unconditional love they bring us is probably undeserved.

You didn't share his 'name'.....and I understand it is hard to even to write it. I pray that the wounds of your heart will heal with time and that each thought of your friend will only yield smiles in the years to come.

So sorry to hear of your loss. All of us here know the heartache.

Thank You for loving your special friend and giving him the best life he could have for the all those years.

I truly believe WE benefit from the relationship more than they do. The joy and unconditional love they bring us is probably undeserved.

You didn't share his 'name'.....and I understand it is hard to even to write it. I pray that the wounds of your heart will heal with time and that each thought of your friend will only yield smiles in the years to come.
Great words!

His name is Ullr , inspired by Norse mythology , loved to be in the snow, under the snow, on the snow.

These eyes. . .

Sigh.

View attachment 3094289
So sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy. What a great life you gave to him.

These eyes. . .

Sigh.

View attachment 3094289
What a handsome pup!
15 years is a blessing for the pup and all who shared this world with him or her.
RIP beautiful pup...

What a handsome pup!
15 years is a blessing for the pup and all who shared this world with him or her.
RIP beautiful pup...

^^^^^

Exactly right.....!

Run In Peace........Ullr

Had to say goodbye to my 12 year old Golden yesterday due to major mobility issues. She's the biological mother to my other two dogs and life definitely won't be the same without her.

Fortunately, my in home vet double booked me and her appointment was moved ahead 5 hours. It turned out to be one of her better days so she made it to the park for one last rip.
IMG_20221018_095905_414.jpg

Her and Dharma...
20210514_190406.jpg

Her and Grace...
20210621_195227.jpg

Had to say goodbye to my 12 year old Golden yesterday due to major mobility issues. She's the biological mother to my other two dogs and life definitely won't be the same without her.

Fortunately, my in home vet double booked me and her appointment was moved ahead 5 hours. It turned out to be one of her better days so she made it to the park for one last rip. View attachment 3144803

Her and Dharma...View attachment 3144816

Her and Grace...View attachment 3144817
RIP pretty girl !

Fortunately, my in home vet double booked me and her appointment was moved ahead 5 hours. It turned out to be one of her better days so she made it to the park for one last rip. View attachment 3144803

Her and Dharma...View attachment 3144816

Her and Grace...View attachment 3144817
So sorry. Run in peace sweet girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom