Builds Mouldy Mario gets defoliated. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good job Ben! After it's painted and the door seal is in place no one will ever know it was patched.

Cult - If you tune in, I hereby dedicate this post to you. I know you have reservations about zinc plating........but I love it!! The hinges and the hardware from the seats was plated in a dark greeney/blackish colour from the factory. I eventually found a place that will zinc dip black. This is for you Cult........A couple of before and after shots.

IMG_7908.JPG

IMG_7906.JPG

IMG_7902.JPG

IMG_8561.JPG

IMG_8565.JPG

Doors look good, nice work. I find it very satisfying to fab from scratch, had to do quite a bit on my 59 Willys wagon, especially on the roof.

filler pc.jpg

roo fill2.jpg

roofcut.jpg

roofcut2.jpg

I also completely remade from scratch the entire roof gutter

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Holy Crap, There is a some inspiration for me, right there. That takes it to a entire new level, beyond my skill set I reckon. The swage line in the roof is perfect. There is a Willy's Jeep rebuild thread on an Australian 4x4 Action website that you might find interesting. That guy is the grand master of panel manufacturing, I'll try and work out how to post up a link. Any update on your own Willy's?
Cheers, Ben

'If I'm tuning in..' puhleassse. Seat assy's looked great! What are the coach bolts for?? Nice door repair too. Very tidy Jimmy! [Two Hands :)]

@73fj - I was gonna jump in with the usual 'tho at sumbitch gutter in ayer!' but damn son, that Willy's would have taken some hours! No tho'ing at all!

Holy Crap, There is a some inspiration for me, right there. That takes it to a entire new level, beyond my skill set I reckon. The swage line in the roof is perfect. There is a Willy's Jeep rebuild thread on an Australian 4x4 Action website that you might find interesting. That guy is the grand master of panel manufacturing, I'll try and work out how to post up a link. Any update on your own Willy's?
Cheers, Ben

Thank you brother! The Jeep guru wouldn't be GOJEEP would it? Putting a truck on a Grand Cherokee frame?

'If I'm tuning in..' puhleassse. Seat assy's looked great! What are the coach bolts for?? Nice door repair too. Very tidy Jimmy! [Two Hands :)]

@73fj - I was gonna jump in with the usual 'tho at sumbitch gutter in ayer!' but damn son, that Willy's would have taken some hours! No tho'ing at all!

Thank you Cult old son, It has been a veeery slow build, but I still plan to drive it someday. Which coach bolts are you referring to?

Didnt mean to hi jack your thread Ben, just wanted to show that nothing is impossible when fabricating, and I think you have been doing an excellent job, old Moldy will someday shine and bring much happiness.

I have a thread on Pirate link is in my sig, check it out.

Chris

Didnt mean to hi jack your thread Ben, just wanted to show that nothing is impossible when fabricating, and I think you have been doing an excellent job, old Moldy will someday shine and bring much happiness.

I have a thread on Pirate link is in my sig, check it out.

Chris
G'day Chris, I spent sometime the other night reading your thread on Pirate. I am very impressed and looking forward to seeing some progress being made. Cheers, Ben. P.S. You are welcome to post pictures of the Willy's onto this thread whenever you want. I need all the inspiration I can get. Cheers, Ben

A quick update. I finally got the rear window panel into epoxy. Having everything in a uniform colour makes picking up minor defects much easier. Overall, I'm pretty happy. I reckon with a bit of filler here and there it should come up okay.

IMG_8570.JPG

IMG_8569.JPG

IMG_8578.JPG

IMG_8579.JPG

IMG_8582.JPG

Mmmm........I picked up my door locks from the metal plater (A different bloke than I usually use). Anyway they look kind of pink! I think I might have to have them re-plated. I don't think I'm quite ready to have pink door locks.

IMG_8568.JPG

Tonight I decided to make a start on the roof. I picked this one from a bloke in the Barossa Valley in South Australia on ebay a couple of years back. Getting it shipped to Victoria was a PITA, but finding a repairable steel roof is next to impossible and I didn't want to use a fibreglass replacement. This one obviously belonged to a shooter and has had a few spot light holes cut into it. It also has a bit of rust around the edge and few other lumps and bumps.

IMG_8594.JPG

IMG_8617.JPG

IMG_8601.JPG

IMG_8606.JPG

IMG_8608.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom