Builds Mouldy Mario gets defoliated. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I then started to stitch it back together very slowly. The cut opened up to about 3 or 4 mm. It took me a good three or four nights of slooooowww stitching. Wait for the weld to completely cool stitch - repeat. Occasionally I would flip the roof over and weld on the inside of the cup and used a small anvil to try and stop of from warping.

IMG_8687.JPG

IMG_8684.JPG

IMG_8693.JPG

Last edited:
After re-chroming. Now those are some damn sexy handles. I know what you are thinking fellas..........don't screw around putting them back on the truck. Just wear'em as earrings!!

View attachment 1650554

View attachment 1650555

No ....
...find a nice truck to screw them on ... or build a nice 45 out of rotten one to screw them on.
Take your time ... have we ever talked about turtles, Ben ? :)
Cheers Peter... the racing 45 snail.

Hahahaha

Does the roof fit? Might be worth a test fit now?

The Roof That Warped.

There once was a roof cap called Mary,
Who's holes were particularly flarey,
When time came to fill 'em,
She warped like ol' Willem*,
But Pauc' blazed on like dogs 'cross the prairie.

*Defoe

Not sure how warped Willem Defoe is but for the purposes of this here 'art' I'll confirm he is indeed one sick puppy. And I'm yet to see prairie dogs but I'll wager they blaze on through!

The Roof That Warped.

There once was a roof cap called Mary,
Who's holes were particularly flarey,
When time came to fill 'em,
She warped like ol' Willem*,
But Pauc' blazed on like dogs 'cross the prairie.

*Defoe

Not sure how warped Willem Defoe is but for the purposes of this here 'art' I'll confirm he is indeed one sick puppy. And I'm yet to see prairie dogs but I'll wager they blaze on through!

G'day Cult,

Do you realise that you have just written a poem comparing Willem Dafoe to my Land Cruisers warped roof cap!

I am very touched. But I am also a little worried about you.

Last edited:
Work continues on the roof. I end up drilling out the 25 spot welds around the front drip rail. There was a fair bit of swelling between each of the spot welds which made me think there was a fair bit of rust lurking between the roof and gutter. Also trying to get the grinder into the gutter to clean up welds was proving difficult, so I took the plunge and pulled out the spot weld cutter.

IMG_8726.JPG

IMG_8727.JPG

Last edited:
I ended up having to replace a section of drip rail about 10 cm long. I made up a form out of piece of half inch scrap with roughly the same radius as the front corner of the roof and pounded away.

IMG_8748.JPG

IMG_8729.JPG

IMG_8731.JPG

IMG_8760.JPG

IMG_8762.JPG

Great stuff on the roof repair.:clap: I’m in that arena too as I have a very tired and rusty roof. Should be fun. Lots of pounding I’m sure.

I like the vented passenger seat for any passengers that are a bit “gassy.” :p

Great stuff on the roof repair.:clap: I’m in that arena too as I have a very tired and rusty roof. Should be fun. Lots of pounding I’m sure.

I like the vented passenger seat for any passengers that are a bit “gassy.” :p

That is very funny. They seats prior to recovering did smell a little like they had been used for testing a Russian Nerve Agent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom