Builds Mouldy Mario gets defoliated. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I attacked the top of the bonnet with a stripping disc and treated a bit of surface rust with phosphoric acid. If I strip the panels first the sand blaster only has to give them a light clean up. The front guards only cost me $20 and I reckon there is probably less chance of warping a panel. As my blaster says, "You strip'em, we whipp'em."

IMG_7670.JPG

IMG_7674.JPG

This week I started work on the replacement rear window panel. Three courses of paint stripper and high pressure washing revealed a couple of annoying rust spots. Nothing unrepairable, I'm just a bit sick of rust. Here are couple of pics of the original panel. The little posts that hold the panel in place have all but disappeared.

IMG_7678.JPG

IMG_7681.JPG

IMG_7679.JPG

Hang in there Ben. You will defeat the rust demon yet! Rally the Mig welder, hammer, dolly and cutoff wheels. You are going to win this battle as well.

Hey Fellas, The turn signals that came with the truck were looking pretty second hand. However, to replace them with new OEM ones you are looking at around $300 AUD for a pair. I thought I have have a crack at cleaning up the old ones. I wet sanded the plastic housings and then spent some at the polishing wheel. Fitted some new OEM lenses, gaskets and bayonet plugs. Overall, I'm pretty happy. The lenses set me back $80 and the gaskets $20. Pre-love photos........

IMG_7717.JPG

IMG_7720.JPG

IMG_7725.JPG

IMG_7730.JPG

Last edited:
Tonight, I dragged these out of storage. They actually smell worse than they look. Mice have been living in them. This combined with 34 years of old fart and butt sweat..............not good! I'll post some pics tomorrow night of them disassembled. Cheers, Ben

IMG_7773.JPG

IMG_7774.JPG

IMG_7776.JPG

well done, it's beginning to look awesome. very nice job on those indicators, i got some non-oem but japan build ones from tojo 4wd center. seem to be good quality.

Tonight, I dragged these out of storage. They actually smell worse than they look. Mice have been living in them. This combined with 34 years of old fart and butt sweat..............not good! I'll post some pics tomorrow night of them disassembled. Cheers, Ben

View attachment 1586568

View attachment 1586569

View attachment 1586570

I'm looking forward to this transformation after seeing the turn signals. Mine are in similar shape but are cloth and have been outside, uncovered for the past five years. I'll be looking for inspiration!

Well I pulled the seats apart. The foam and the frames from the seats are in pretty good shape...........all except the foam from the base of the driver's seat. Getting to the bolts that attach the rails to the seat frames would have a been PITA without the geared head ring spanner.

IMG_7813.JPG

IMG_7819.JPG

IMG_7849.JPG

IMG_7867.JPG

Will you cad plate the seats, sir?

Enough of this foolishness. I've spent the last couple of nights cleaning up the seat frames and rail things. Basically, a combination of paint stripper and wire wheel. There was a little bit of surface rust, but nothing otherwise they were in good shape.

IMG_7924.JPG

IMG_7920.JPG

IMG_7942.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom