motor turns over but starter keeps going after letting go of key? (recent rewire) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi just finished rewire of my fj40 2F and amazingly everything works as far as dash, switches, lights etc. Used the EZ kit. My problem is that the motor does turn over but the starter says on after letting go of key. I obviously did something wrong. I was hoping someone would point me in the right direction as far as what to check. Thanks for the help!

So with key off and battery hooked up, the starter turns? I was thinking that the starter solenoid is stuck closed . I would take the small wire away from the starter solenoid, leave key off and check that wire for voltage. If voltage is present when key off, wiring problem. If no voltage, solenoid stuck. I hope this is right. Strange, good luck.

Do you have your start and run wires crossed?
Yeah that's what it was start and run wires crossed .........thanks for your help you know you get so into something you don't see the forest through trees step back and start with the simple stuff...appreciate your help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom