For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

Yeah, something just didn't feel right, plus the passenger seat sounded terrible when moving it forward to back and they could not show me that the entertainment system would work. I had them put it up on a lift and there was mud caked up above where they had "detailed" the truck. I was trying to verify the condition of the KDSS valves, but for the life of me, I could NOT located those buggers.

Yeah, something just didn't feel right, plus the passenger seat sounded terrible when moving it forward to back and they could not show me that the entertainment system would work. I had them put it up on a lift and there was mud caked up above where they had "detailed" the truck. I was trying to verify the condition of the KDSS valves, but for the life of me, I could NOT located those buggers.

Why are you getting rid of the lx? What year is it? I am hoping to go look at a 2013 lx this weekend w about 30k on it. Any reasons why move from lx to lc? Sorry never had a lc or lx, have a new 4runner and need a little more room

The LX is very nice, but I use it to tow my 26' travel trailer and the AHC makes hooking up the weight distribution hitch (WDH) a bit of a pain, since the truck's suspension is never in the same spot (dynamic with the AHC system). I am not sure if you have used a WDH, but you set it up to have the trailer level (tandem axle) when hitched. With the AHC, the truck is NORMAL at a height range, so it is really never in the same height... now this is a rather small range, but it does make a HUGE difference when trying to put the bars on or off the hitch, which can be a REAL pain in my back. BTW, I have a bad disk and this does not help.

So, I was thinking of going to a 2013 or new LC, which would give me similar electronics as my 2010 LX, but with a few nice changes, plus a static suspension, which would make towing much easier. I was also thinking of maybe going to a Tundra TRD PRO, but I have not made my mind up yet.

Otherwise, the ride in the LX is extremely nice and actually, having the AHC provide a greater than 2" lift when in HIGH is REALLY nice off road.

Oh, and to further answer your question... if you want to modify the vehicle for more off road uses, such as the addition of sliders, you cannot find them for the LX. You are stuck with the plastic steps. If on the other hand you are NOT going to tow, or really do any true off roading, the LX is hard to beat!

Oh, and to further answer your question... if you want to modify the vehicle for more off road uses, such as the addition of sliders, you cannot find them for the LX. You are stuck with the plastic steps. If on the other hand you are NOT going to tow, or really do any true off roading, the LX is hard to beat!

Its for my wife we have a 2016 limited 4runner and we love it but its very hot for our kids in it. We tried a sequoia but it doesn't feel as solid as the lc or the 4runner. Personally we have only test drove the new lc and the new sequoia, but there's a decent deal on a certified lx w low miles. If your looking at a 1794 tundra I used Costco auto and received a quote at 44k not including rebates from dealership in Sa.

Thanks John for the info. I was not sure if Costco sold Toyotas, but I may look into that option. If I go for the Tundra, I am pretty sure I will go for the TRD PRO, as I want to suspension that comes with that package, given that once we get to places towing the trailer, I typically explore the mountains surrounding the area. With that said, the overall length of the Tundra is what is holding me back with that option. Our trails here can be VERY tight between trees. I've already pin striped the LX, when just going down fire roads... nothing major, but I know that taking that thing around can be challenging and then trying to do it with something even bigger sounds a bit... I don't know... iffy.

Just looked at a very clean 2009 for sale in Longmont CO with 119k on it. I passed because it is black, but it will sell for $32k.
Overall, I'm seeing 09's possible in the $30-33k range, 10's in the $32-35k range and 11's in the $36- 38k.
The 13's appear to be in the low40's at a minimum.
But I'm in CO, and L/C's are pricy here, so I expect to have to get on a plane to get what I want.

I'm trying to keep my purchase budget in the 30's, but am open to a '13 if it's really worth it.
Thoughts?

If
Just looked at a very clean 2009 for sale in Longmont CO with 119k on it. I passed because it is black, but it will sell for $32k.
Overall, I'm seeing 09's possible in the $30-33k range, 10's in the $32-35k range and 11's in the $36- 38k.
But I'm in CO, and L/C's are pricy here, so I expect to have to get on a plane to get what I want.

I'm trying to keep my purchase budget in the 30's, but am open to a '13 if it's really worth it.
Thoughts?

If you ever come across white lc/lx w black interior in Texas let me know.

a mercedes dealership near me had a silver 2010 LX traded in with 65K miles, one owner, full dealer service records and it was a TX vehicle. looked really clean in the pics... $35K. I called to go check it out 2 days after it was listed and it was gone. disappointing.

Thoughts?

I'm flying out tomorrow to pick up a '13 LC I got for $39k. CPO'd, 97k miles, full service history, excellent condition from a Toyota Dealer. Miles are a tad high but I wanted the cameras, headlights and it's in a color combo I wanted.
I think it was listed for 3 days with a picture-less advertisement on Autotrader. I emailed for pics, got them and immediately put a deposit.

Deals are out there you just need to be ready to jump on them.

Deals are out there you just need to be ready to jump on them.

Exactly. There was a 13 LC black/tan full records with 50k miles listed for $47k that got snapped up pretty quick once I found it. Or the same combo with 25k miles for $51k.

There is a beautiful LC at Jay Wolfe Toyota with 97k miles (same as yours!) with full records for $39k.

Thoughts?
Exactly. There was a 13 LC black/tan full records with 50k miles listed for $47k that got snapped up pretty quick once I found it. Or the same combo with 25k miles for $51k.

There is a beautiful LC at Jay Wolfe Toyota with 97k miles (same as yours!) with full records for $39k.

Haha that IS mine. They said they'll take the advertisement down when I take delivery (today).

Haha that IS mine. They said they'll take the advertisement down when I take delivery (today).

Haha sorry! I thought you said "LX". I'm so happy that beautiful cruiser is going to a fellow member of the forum! Congrats!

I'm scared to buy anything close to 100k.

I used to feel the same way. I think if you spend enough time here and read enough threads you won't be scared. These trucks are built to last. Remember these trucks are $80,000 new and you are not paying for a badge or any of the latest electronics or heated armrests and 500 HP, you are paying for quality.

The truck that TonyP will be buying has a better service history than any 2013+ Landcruiser above 40k miles I have seen. That gives me way more confidence than anything else. I have rejected some 20k mile ones because of weird service histories.

I have been looking for about two months in Colorado. I have past on 6 so far. I flew to Dallas once but didn't like the one I looked at. The maintenance had not been kept up. I'm flying to Arkansas on Monday to check out an 2009 LC with 130,000 miles. He's asking $29,000. It has good service record and clean car fax. He sent me 40 pics and they look good. We'll see!

I have been looking for about two months in Colorado. I have past on 6 so far. I flew to Dallas once but didn't like the one I looked at. The maintenance had not been kept up. I'm flying to Arkansas on Monday to check out an 2009 LC with 130,000 miles. He's asking $29,000. It has good service record and clean car fax. He sent me 40 pics and they look good. We'll see!
Hey, I was in a conversation with a seller in AR, white over tan LC. This was about 5-6 weeks ago. There was just something strange about the fact he bought it a few months ago and then told me he had a work truck now. The truck was from TX most of its life. I found him to own a carpet repair/cleaning business and the rating for it were "ok". <just data
I am not sure if it is the same truck, but I would look it over very hard! I did think about going out there also.

Hey, I was in a conversation with a seller in AR, white over tan LC. This was about 5-6 weeks ago. There was just something strange about the fact he bought it a few months ago and then told me he had a work truck now. The truck was from TX most of its life. I found him to own a carpet repair/cleaning business and the rating for it were "ok". <just data
I am not sure if it is the same truck, but I would look it over very hard! I did think about going out there also.

FWIW I know people seem to prize southern trucks for their lack of rust, but when I bought my LC it had been registered in Houston during the flooding. There was no evidence of any water damage, and the title was clean, but the state of Illinois now requires the owner of any vehicle registered in Texas during the FEMA disaster to send a notarized letter stating that it was not flood damaged before the vehicle can be titled in the state. Without the letter it would have been titled as a flood vehicle.

(No comment here about the heavy-handed nature of Illinois. *grumble*)

I'm certainly not implying this truck was flood damaged, but if the current owner bought it and runs a carpet/upholstery cleaning business, I would definitely inspect it closely.

Yeah, that's the one. I thought that was strange also. Everything else checks out. I will definitely do a good inspection. If it's running good and the interior checks out then his story might be true. I will be cautious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom