For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

Just picked up a 2016 black w/terra interior and rear entertainment package. Certified and extremely clean lease return with 20,000 miles- $64k. South of Seattle in Olympia.

B060A824-0392-493A-A234-0DFF440ED259.jpeg

A8DCF81C-C526-4BDD-BCEB-6EC786802633.jpeg

Good Evening, been doing some research and found lots of great help here, so thank you.
My hunt is for 2015 LX 570 with 40-60k miles, clean Carfax, no accident history and good maintenance history. I’ve found/driven a few already, some good and some bad. In previous car searches I try to drive and look over 5-6 examples to get familiar with look, sounds, etc of a particular model.

My question is what seems to be a fair price or what have members been able to pickup their 2014 or 15 LX 570 LX for lately?

I’m in NJ and have searched 300 mile radius and come up with:
$46000 for 56k mile truck
$46500 for 43k miles
$47495 for 39k miles
$46500 for 58k miles and is Lexus certified

There are 2 I’ve focused on but the dealers aren’t willing to move more than $500-700 off their listed price, saying they’ve put their best price out there. While that might be true or they bought them high at auction, I can’t bring myself to pay the listed price.

If I offer $42000 for a $46000 truck, they won’t even discuss it. Am I that far off?
Thanks for the help!

I'm looking for a similar LX on the other side of the country.

Since the recall fix, it seems like there is less negotiation and inventory has shrunk a bit.

I think 42k is pretty optimistic, especially for the certified one. 44.5k may get them talking.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a similar LX on the other side of the country.

Since the recall fix, it seems like there is less negotiation and inventory has shrunk a bit.

I think a 42k is pretty optimistic, especially for the certified one. 44.5k may get them talking.
Thanks Diytech123....sound advice.
you may want to check more mainstream value sources like KBB and NADA as well and then average them to try and get a price target before negotiating. The dealer may/likely will have his own value report from still another source he’ll claim is up to the minute and more localized.

Dealer pricing in my area (Seattle) is in the upper $40ks for sure- say $47k and up. In my experience they haven’t been willing to move much given the internet pricing approach these days.

Thanks risban, the $42k was just a starting point to see if they would counter, which they did with $400 drop in price lol.
Thanks TG1, the hard part with these trucks is there doesn't seem to be a lot of "sold for price" data. I see higher miles trucks going for $38-39,000 in previous posts. The Lexus dealer has the patience to let it sit on the lot for awhile.
Thanks Alpentalic, this seems to be the case.

As an update, we drove the $46k and 56k mile truck at a Toyota dealer and while they didn't wash it, it's a solid truck and in the running. They did offer to drop the price $2k but then proceeded to add back their:
$499 doc fee
$388 gap type insurance fee
$399 used car prep fee
Total $1286 and they say those are mandatory, LOL
I'm all for running a business and making a profit, paying salespeople, etc but I don't have the patience for the games.
The search continues!

Thanks risban, the $42k was just a starting point to see if they would counter, which they did with $400 drop in price lol.
Thanks TG1, the hard part with these trucks is there doesn't seem to be a lot of "sold for price" data. I see higher miles trucks going for $38-39,000 in previous posts. The Lexus dealer has the patience to let it sit on the lot for awhile.
Thanks Alpentalic, this seems to be the case.

As an update, we drove the $46k and 56k mile truck at a Toyota dealer and while they didn't wash it, it's a solid truck and in the running. They did offer to drop the price $2k but then proceeded to add back their:
$499 doc fee
$388 gap type insurance fee
$399 used car prep fee
Total $1286 and they say those are mandatory, LOL
I'm all for running a business and making a profit, paying salespeople, etc but I don't have the patience for the games.
The search continues!
That's actually what NADA and KBB, at a minimum, are providing.

And I'm in the middle of the country looking for the same thing. Any thoughts out there on this one? 2014 LX with 49K miles.

They've since had a third party company fix the splitting edge of the driver's seat. One owner clean carfax. Looks to have been serviced regularly at Lexus. Nothing crazy on the Lexus website under service history. Also has the Luxury Package, for what that's worth.

I was expecting black interior, so I'm not sure how I feel about that tan. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Thoughts on a 2010 LC w/ 185k miles, clean inside and out, no rust asking $23k?
Well there aren't a lot of good options out there for early 200 series at the moment. The price for me is a little high for the mileage but the seller will likely get it. If it's close to you and you like it I would probably act, unless youre not in a hurry. Patience may pay off if more that are waiting on the recall start getting fixed and released. Just my speculative 0.02

Well there aren't a lot of good options out there for early 200 series at the moment. The price for me is a little high for the mileage but the seller will likely get it. If it's close to you and you like it I would probably act, unless youre not in a hurry. Patience may pay off if more that are waiting on the recall start getting fixed and released. Just my speculative 0.02
Thanks for the insight. What would you say would be a more reasonable price to pay given the miles?

Thoughts on a 2010 LC w/ 185k miles, clean inside and out, no rust asking $23k?
This process is part subjective (what you think the condition is) and part mostly objective (what the data indicates the vehicle is worth based on condition and recent sales in a region).

I say mostly because these vehicles (especially the 100 series) are both in relatively short supply and are held in very high regard by buyers.

These factors can skew ‘book’ values esp with 100 series where I was routinely seeing asking prices 30-50% over average ‘book’. 200 series much less so but still can be 5-10% more IME.

Sooooo long answer to a short question .... from what I looked at quickly the average blind (don’t know your region, any options or more detailed condition ) value is about $26k.

Now the dealers IME will likely have yet another source of data and again IME it’s Asking prices in the region for comps which are skewed high (imagine that!!😁) since even with these there’s typically some headroom to negotiate down from.

Hope that helps...

And I'm in the middle of the country looking for the same thing. Any thoughts out there on this one? 2014 LX with 49K miles.

They've since had a third party company fix the splitting edge of the driver's seat. One owner clean carfax. Looks to have been serviced regularly at Lexus. Nothing crazy on the Lexus website under service history. Also has the Luxury Package, for what that's worth.

I was expecting black interior, so I'm not sure how I feel about that tan. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

The CarFax on the dealer site looks great, always serviced regularly at Lexus in HOU, shouldn't be any undercarriage rust but you could ask them to send you a pic of undercarriage just to verify.
I have the tan interior in my LX and just discovered the amazingly easy way to keep it looking like new, a Steam Cleaner, got this one off Amazon and took off years of dirt in minutes.
McCulloch Steam Cleaner

This one also has the very rare Pre-Collision / Emergency Braking and the Dynamic Cruise Control, I can tell by the 5th button on the right side. I wish mine had this option, I know it's not as advanced as the 2016+ LX Pre-Collision and Dynamic Cruise, but still a nice option.
Misc_DEL.png

Last edited:
Still deployed to Afghanistan and the wife totaled her 2016 a few weeks ago (wife and kids walked away unharmed.) I'm on the hunt for a 2016, prefer a Blue on Terra or a Burgundy on Terra. Found this 2016 lease in RI for $59K. Been in talks with the dealer, any considerations or concerns w/ it being a lease? I'm tracking I should avoid snow states but am getting undercarriage pics soon and if it free of rust I am moving this to the top of my list.

My guess is it got turned in once the seatbelt/airbag light recall hit??

Thanks in advance for anyone's thoughts/considerations.

-Chris

Still deployed to Afghanistan and the wife totaled her 2016 a few weeks ago (wife and kids walked away unharmed.) I'm on the hunt for a 2016, prefer a Blue on Terra or a Burgundy on Terra. Found this 2016 lease in RI for $59K. Been in talks with the dealer, any considerations or concerns w/ it being a lease? I'm tracking I should avoid snow states but am getting undercarriage pics soon and if it free of rust I am moving this to the top of my list.

My guess is it got turned in once the seatbelt/airbag light recall hit??

Thanks in advance for anyone's thoughts/considerations.

-Chris

Chris, I was recently searching for similar. Two more Terra you might want to look into that are available, southern ownership, plus also certified. The blue in FL was previously sold as certified and I believe the extended powertrain coverage transfers to the next buyer (they also just dropped their ask by $1k):

I'm out of the running on these - found a well maintained 2009 locally in SF Bay Area, 125k miles, paid $28k.

Chris, I was recently searching for similar. Two more Terra you might want to look into that are available, southern ownership, plus also certified. The blue in FL was previously sold as certified and I believe the extended powertrain coverage transfers to the next buyer (they also just dropped their ask by $1k):

I'm out of the running on these - found a well maintained 2009 locally in SF Bay Area, 125k miles, paid $28k.
Had the one in Richardson looked at by a member on here. Evidence of leaks in 2 areas underneath, walked away from that.

The other in FL I wasn't sure about though the pics look like it wasn't loved. Nice price but I was hoping to find one living at a Toyota dealer.

This really interested me, it's out in Montana, being sold as new, 2018 w/ 400 miles. They just told me they sold it a year ago but had to repo it as the deal was a scam? He said Toyota walked back all the paperwork and are calling it "new".

Thanks for the insight. What would you say would be a more reasonable price to pay given the miles?
Sorry just saw your question, I agree with @foeix 20k is probably right, but again not too many out there so I would stretch to 21 if it was really clean underneath and with relatively decent service history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom