Mort's 76 FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need to get the appraisal done so I can get insurance on it but it's not finished. I'm wondering if I can get a high enough value on it to appraise it for what I need it appraised at.

Last edited:
I also got the tach working. I bought a different interface from Dakota digital and it seems to read correctly. Right at 750rpm at idle.

Last edited:
I need to get the appraisal done so I can get insurance on it but it's not finished. I'm wondering if I can get a high enough value on it to appraise it for what I need it appraised at.

If you need comps Scraps and I both have right around 5K in ours and I’m sure you could use that number for yours!!!

In all seriousness I used declared value for mine, we produced a spread sheet that represented the stack of receipts pictures and linked some of the Icon Toyota sales prices as justification for our declared value. Similar process for classics.

Haha. That's what I was afraid of. It's amazing how a $5000 budget turns to $50000ish. When I called State Farm yesterday they said they wanted an appraisal. I have my insurance with safeco which I read last night that has his insurance through them. I'll try them. The other places I called didn't want you driving the vehicle. They just wanted it going to car shows and sitting in a garage.

I called State Farm yesterday

Ha, yea my State Farm guy pooped himself when I asked to get full coverage on some of my firearms and we made the switch to Farm Bureau then, the new guy at Farm Bureau had no issues insuring the Pig for my declared value and offered a discounted rate if I keep the miles under 15,000 a year.

Might be worth seeing if you have Farm Bureau Property & Casualty Insurance Company agent near you.

Edit to add, looks like you do if Irondale, Alabama is your correct location: Free Auto Insurance Quotes | Save On Insurance | Alfa Insurance

I just got insurance through safeco on it but I'll call them. I haven't really been happy with safeco.

I've got declared insurance with Safeco, there wasn't many companies around me wanting to touch it.

I have been thinking of insurance for a bit. For now my pig looks like a piece of #$&% to most people. If I ever put paint and full interior in it could end up in Mexico in 30 mins.

SafeCO was pretty easy to get a policy with. I just have to send them pictures of the vehicle and I stated the value I wanted to insure it at.

Have any of you found a good replacement for the door lock grommet or ferrule? I can't seem to find one small enough.

Yep. That's it. I guess I need to start looking at SOR instead of spending hours googling for parts. Thanks

BB754171-A163-45FE-98AE-8E9AE0B49B44.jpeg
I got my tail lights lenses and backup light lenses in the mail today from Australia. They look pretty good.

Right before I left town I was running the 4bt and noticed there was a little diesel leaking from the bottom of the injector pump. After some reading it seems that it's probably the seals in the pump. It looks like I'm going to have to remove the pump and have it rebuilt. This got me wondering if there is anything else i should do while it's off.

Both of those were done before i bought it.

I was wondering about the keating tappet cover or something similar, if it's worth it.

I was wondering about the keating tappet cover or something similar, if it's worth it.
The Keating tappet cover solved a few of my problems but making my wallet heaver wasn’t one of them.

It would be nice not to have the drop or two of oil on he floor after driving it. But I realize then I need the vented valve cover too.

It would be nice not to have the drop or two of oil on he floor after driving it.

The oil marks on the ground was the primary reason to change covers and switch to the vented valve cover, FYI you will also need some sort of catch can coming off the valve cover if you plan to eliminate oil drips altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom